For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Sugarloaf conditions

Original Post
Ryan Pfleger · · North Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 15

Anyone know how much snow Sugarloaf got this storm? Think it'll be dry by Saturday?

Bobby Hutton · · Gold Country CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 727

I am interested as well. My slightly educated guess is that there will be snow still on the ground but any routes that gets southern exposure will be clear but there might be some weeping depending on the route. 

Tim Opsahl · · SF, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Anyone check it out?

Snowy, but not wet is the report I got. Here is the picture he sent

Peter J · · Davis, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 105

I'm planning to climb there this weekend so if anyone has more up to date info on the conditions lmk. Looks like it's gonna be warm all week and warm/sunny on the weekend (65) so it should be melting?

Craig Allen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 60

Climbed Sunday. Majority of the snow on the ground was gone by end of day. Routes were 99% dry. Go for it.

David S. · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 10

I'm happy Sugarloaf and a bunch of Highway 50 climbing is open but we sure could use some of that snow...first half of February is looking pretty dismal according to NOAA long-range forecasts.

Not holding out much hope for the winter. Might as well get back in climbing/trail running shape a little early :-/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Sugarloaf conditions"
in the Northern California