Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Guidebook for Ten sleep?

Original Post
Jerry432 · · odessa texas · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Hello, 

What is a recommended guidebook for Ten sleep? I have seen a couple online but can't seem to see feedback or examples and read that an old one is no longer available online. I can always default to MP but I'd rather have a book. any assistance would be appreciated 

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,104
Jerry432 wrote:

Hello, 

What is a recommended guidebook for Ten sleep? I have seen a couple online but can't seem to see feedback or examples and read that an old one is no longer available online. I can always default to MP but I'd rather have a book. any assistance would be appreciated 

I believe you have two choices currently, there is the ten sleep bible which is insanely expensive, or you can pick up the $25 punk rock dirtbag guidebook from a store in ten sleep itself.  I'd go with the second option personally, all of the info you need at a reasonable price.

Jason Todd · · Cody, WY · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,113
LindsayH · · Kingston, NY · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 55

Get the Punk Rock guidebook

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the story I heard is that the original author of the Ten Sleep Bible never intended for it to be so expensive, but the publisher went crazy with the 3-D effects, leather binding, etc. A lawsuit followed. The author ended up gifting the rights to his copyright materials to the Bighorn Climbing Coalition so they could print their own version. The Punk Rock guidebook has all of the same content as the Bible without the fancy effects, glossy pages, and leather binding. And all of the profits go back to the Ten Sleep climbing community. 

Ken Noyce wrote:

I believe you have two choices currently, there is the ten sleep bible which is insanely expensive, or you can pick up the $25 punk rock dirtbag guidebook from a store in ten sleep itself.  I'd go with the second option personally, all of the info you need at a reasonable price.

thanks! 

LindsayH wrote:

Get the Punk Rock guidebook

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the story I heard is that the original author of the Ten Sleep Bible never intended for it to be so expensive, but the publisher went crazy with the 3-D effects, leather binding, etc. A lawsuit followed. The author ended up gifting the rights to his copyright materials to the Bighorn Climbing Coalition so they could print their own version. The Punk Rock guidebook has all of the same content as the Bible without the fancy effects, glossy pages, and leather binding. And all of the profits go back to the Ten Sleep climbing community. 

gotcha thanks a bunch 

Jason Todd wrote:

http://bighornclimbers.org/guidebook/

awesome thanks!! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Guidebook for Ten sleep? "
in the General Climbing