Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Wall Inspection/Help

Original Post
AnthonyM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 30

I work for a middle school in Westminster, CO and run the local climbing club (currently at a rec. center). We are trying to get this rock wall certified (in my school) to be able to be used. I have looked all over the wall and can’t figure out what company built it (it was recommended we contact the maker to see if they can inspect if they still exist). We believe it was built about fifteen years ago. Any advice?

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60
AnthonyM wrote:

I work for a middle school in Westminster, CO and run the local climbing club (currently at a rec. center). We are trying to get this rock wall certified (in my school) to be able to be used. I have looked all over the wall and can’t figure out what company built it (it was recommended we contact the maker to see if they can inspect if they still exist). We believe it was built about fifteen years ago. Any advice?

Anthony, the company I work for does climbing wall inspections, if you're looking for a third party to do it. Just shoot me your info and I'll get you in touch. 

Alex (spellstrike) Palmiter · · Duluth · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 30

just a climber's observation from the minimal amount of photos but I'd like to see that top rope anchor beefed up some... though that might be an auto belay just out of frame. it's hard to tell from the photo. If it is an auto belay that's probably the most important thing to get checked.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
spellstrike wrote:

just a climber's observation from the minimal amount of photos but I'd like to see that top rope anchor beefed up some... though that might be an auto belay just out of frame. it's hard to tell from the photo. If it is an auto belay that's probably the most important thing to get checked.

I'm guessing that's an autobelay. (you can see the shadow of it on the wall.)

Sam Feuerborn · · Carbondale · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 810

I manage the outdoor studies at CMC in Glenwood and we've used Enterprises in the past to do our wall inspections. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing Wall Inspection/Help"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started