Mountain Project Logo

Weird inner forearm/wrist twinge - Thoughts?

Original Post
Mol S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi... I have been experiencing a weird sensation in my inner left wrist/forearm for the past 2ish months. The feeling is hard to describe... kind of like a twinge... like a muscle/nerve is being tugged on (but not really typical pain). I experience this when I'm pinching hardly, and at times, when I'm crimping. When I'm not climbing, the sensation arises when I cross my thumb over my palm. If I press hardly on the middle of my inner forearm (near the wrist), I feel a deep, pressure ache. I don't think it's carpal tunnel because there is no tingling/pain in the hand... but who knows. Any thoughts appreciated!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Get a diagnosis from a doctor, not a climber.

FrankPS wrote:

Get a diagnosis from a doctor, not a climber.

Tried... x-ray and mri showed nothing, so injury was labeled as "overuse of muscles." Doubtful.... I'd appreciate any helpful input.

Matt from Louisiana ' · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Mol is it like a tendon rolling over the top of something in the wrist?

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 668

Nerve flossing and ART are somethings I do on the regular

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

alternate hands when you are "crimping," do not overgrip, and perhaps utilize adequate lubricant

Matt from Louisiana ' wrote:

Mol is it like a tendon rolling over the top of something in the wrist?

Matt, 

It could possibly be that, but I have no way of knowing for sure... Any thoughts as to what that would be? Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I can create the "weird twinge feeling" when I straighten all of my fingers and then bend only my middle finger so that it touches the bottom edge of my palm. When I do this, something (nerve/tendon) moves in my forearm, and I am guessing this has something to do with the feeling... 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "Weird inner forearm/wrist twinge - Thoughts? "