We're hiring an experienced designer to join us in Boulder, CO.
Mountain Project Logo

Need a place to stay in Anchorage?

Original Post
Gerrit Verbeek · · Anchorage, AK · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Happy New Year!

Two things I love are mountaineering and inviting people I've never met to stay at my house via Couchsurfing (couchsurfing.com/people/gverbeek), and it seems like those could mix pretty well. Hotels are pretty soulless and from what I can tell the Pacific Northwest used to have a really strong network in the 50s-80s where local mountaineering clubs would host incoming expeditions. So if you need an Anchorage base camp this year shoot me a message here or on CS!

I'll be on Denali for a few weeks in mid-May but past that should be around town most weeks and running around the Chugach most weekends. I have bed and couch space for 3, room for 10+ if you don't mind the floor. Language options are English, Dutch, Russian and enthusiastic gestures. In case it's not obvious, this is totally free.

Will try to bump this again sometime around March. Happy climbing!

Sunny-D · · SLC, Utah · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 700

That is awesome. Good for you on the invite.

Gerrit Verbeek · · Anchorage, AK · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

It's Alaska Range season! Get stoked! Bump

Jordan Cargill · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 105

Hi Gerrit,

I'm heading into the AK range mid-may and am looking for transportation from Anchorage to Talkeetna and back.  Any leads on folks to reach out to?  I'm trying to avoid renting a car and the pricy shuttle services.

Also, I'm covered but good on ya for offering your place for lodging!

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Between free rides to the boat, free boat rides up to alaksa and back, and now free lodging, checking out the area sounds super tempting... Hmmm... I got a documentary in the works if I can put down my beer

cavemonkey · · AK · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 0

I salute you gvb!

David A · · Stockholm, Sweden · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 350

The world needs more people like you. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Need a place to stay in Anchorage?"
in the Pacific Northwest