Mountain Project Logo

Skwama vs Solution vs Futura

Original Post
Hobie Ponting · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 3

Hey Guys,

Trying to pick up a pair of Skwamas to replace my Solutions. Anyone with personal experience with how the sizing on the skwama and the solution compare? Bonus points if you can answer the same question as it relates to the futura!

Thanks!

ChristopherH · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 15

I'm pretty sure that I sized my skwama's a half EU size down from my solutions, which worked well for me. The skwama's will stretch out a bit. No experience with the futura's though. 

Also, check out https://sizesquirrel.com/. A great resource for shoe sizing. 

MrZ · · Colorado · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 270

I downsized a half size, but it was more painful breaking them in for me. So in my experience, the sizing is very similar

Boissal · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,345

I have Futuras and Solutions in the same size, I'd have a really hard time going a 1/2 size down on the Futura. If anything I find them to be tighter fitting than the Solutions and they haven't stretched appreciably, they're just a lot more flexible.

Take a look at this link if you haven't seen it yet, overview of the volume of all the LaSportiva shoes. It finally made me feel less bad about upsizing my women Muira...

SteveZ · · Denver, CO · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 408

I use the same size for the futura and solution as well. 

Andrew Steavpack · · Castle Pines, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Futura and solution are the same size for me. They’re nearly the same shoe construction and shape wise from what I can see by looking at them. Don’t own the skwama but have tried it on and it felt to big in the same size, half size down felt like a much better fit. 

Hobie Ponting · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 3

Thanks for all the help guys. Size Squirrel is really useful!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Skwama vs Solution vs Futura"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion