Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Lost- Rope and bag- Sugarloaf, NM

Original Post
Langdon Johnson · · Lexington · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 30

I lost my rope and rope bag after a harrowing on the sugarloaf.  I don't expect this to work, but I would love to be reunited with it.  Should be somewhere on the approach trail, it fell off my pack somewhere.  I'll give you 50 bucks and pay for shipping if you find and return it.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Langdon wrote:

I lost my rope and rope bag after a harrowing on the sugarloaf.

A harrowing.....something? Sounds like there's an interesting story here. Care to share what happened?

Hope you get your rope back.

Langdon Johnson · · Lexington · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 30
Marc801 C wrote:

A harrowing.....something? Sounds like there's an interesting story here. Care to share what happened?

Hope you get your rope back.

Let me preface this by saying that most of the following problems stem directly from inexperience and overall stupidity:

To make a long story short, it was the first alpine climb of anyone in our group.  We left the car at 4am, started climbing at sunrise, had many battles with cold, wind, frostbite, hace, and other typical big wall woes,  made it to the summit at sunset (after being off-route for 3 consecutive pitches), made a troublesome descent, found that all our stuff had been blown downhill from the base of the climb (some of which we found), and we got the f*** out of there, finally making it out at around 1am.  Many mistakes were made and properly learned from.  This all happened back in December.  The rope was a worthy sacrifice for such an experience.  

I appreciate the interest!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "Lost- Rope and bag- Sugarloaf, NM"