Mountain Project Logo

climbing with kids

Original Post
Audrey Fortier · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi we plan to go from Quebec to Florida next summer but I would like to find a place where they can teach the kids and us how to climb on the rocks. Do you know a place who can teach us on the way with all equipment? Thank you!

Robert Michael · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 156

?

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

Are you looking for a place in Quebec, or Florida?  Are you looking to climb outside, or indoors in a gym?  A little more info would be helpful. :)

Derick Page · · Ft Collins · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 20

These guys guide in New Hampshire, Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina. Not sure what your route to Florida is but something could work I suppose.

https://www.blueridgemtnguides.com

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

Try to go to a local gym to get the basics down. This way, when you get to climb outside you will maximize your time on the rock, no need to be lectured how to tie fig 8, belay, etc.
And, not sure where you are in Quebec, but I hear there is awesome climbing there, check out Mountain Project Guide for Quebec

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

http://adirondackmountainguides.com

Stop for a couple days in Keene Valley, Exit 30 on 87, and climb in the Adirondacks. Check out the rates compared to other guide services. They have all the gear you need.

Audrey Fortier · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

We don't have any itinerary for the moment, we will se with the differents opportunities we will have. I want to know for some places on the road between quebec and Florida, no mather where :) And I want a place to do some outdoor rock climbing with all the gear there because we never did that :) thank you very much!! (sorry, my english is not so good!)

Blakevan · · Dallas, TX · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55
Audrey Fortier wrote:

We don't have any itinerary for the moment, we will se with the differents opportunities we will have. I want to know for some places on the road between quebec and Florida, no mather where :) And I want a place to do some outdoor rock climbing with all the gear there because we never did that :) thank you very much!! (sorry, my english is not so good!)

Your English is way better than my French.  :) 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "climbing with kids"
in the Beginning Climbers