Mountain Project Logo

Improve Indicators of Forum Name?

Original Post
Bill Lawry · · New Mexico · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 1,551

In the forum, and as often as not, the "Post Reply" field is so far down the page that the forum indicator at the top of the page is out of view.  That adds a little overhead in checking, or perhaps increases a tendency to simply not check before posting a reply.

I know, I know, a small annoyance.  Still, it may significantly foster a non-awareness of whether one is replying in, say, the Beginning Climbers forum, General Climbing forum, the Ladies Only forum (future), etc..

Could the name of the forum be included at the bottom of a desk top page like it already is at the top?  Similarly for the apps (if not already there)?

I'll include a marked up picture of a desktop page to illustrate.

I would make the same general suggestion to the page that appears when choosing to edit a post.

Jon Nelson · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,685

Good idea, Bill. 

Also, it would help if the thread title, or at least the start of the thread title, appeared at about the same spot. 

Or, it could be just right of the "Post a Reply" in the black bar just above the text options. For example, in this case being "Post a Reply to 'Improve indicators of Forum...'"  

Jon Nelson wrote:

Also, it would help if the thread title, or at least the start of the thread title, appeared at about the same spot. 

Yes, the thread title too.

I know real estate is at a premium on small screens like smart phones.  But at least on a typical desk-top screen, there seems to be room for adding more context that would be helpful.

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,410

Nice idea.  I've put it on my list.

Thank you for considering it, Nick.

Wow, less than a two week turnaround - thanks! Very helpful.

Jon Nelson · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,685

Indeed. Thanks Nick!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Improve Indicators of Forum Name?"
in the Discuss MountainProject.com