Mountain Project Logo

Mount Shasta

Original Post
James Huang · · Ford Econoline · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10

Anyone interested in going up Shasta? I'm living in Yosemite right now, can meet there anytime. I don't have skis with me, unfortunately.

Grant Kiessling · · Ben Lomond, CA · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

I haven’t done much mountaineering but Shasta is on my list! Would be down to learn some shit if you’re willing

Hamed Jasem · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be around in March and would love to sometime then!

michaelmccurdy · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hi James, If you’re talking about skiing it, than I’m interested. I live in Sacramento and go sitboarding up in Lassen and Shasta about once a month. If that’s what you’re after let me know.

-Michael

831-566-2624

Jack Anatta · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi James,

I was just up there last week during the window in the weather.  I made it to Lake Helen and camped out solo, then walked back down as I didn't want to try summiting for the first time by myself.  I'd be interested in going back.  It looks like it might be snowing for the next week or so. When would you be interested in going?  What route are you thinking?

James Huang · · Ford Econoline · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10

Sorry guys, can't delete this damn thing. I left for Bishop and will be doing Whitney instead. Hopefully you guys can link up with each other though. 

jt newgard · · Ventura, CA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 100

Anyone want to head up to Shasta for some skiing this week / next weekend? I can go anytime...forecast looks pretty tame at the moment! I live in Sacramento.

Was also thinking Shastina down to Hidden Valley would be a sweet run! Or messing around on the north side of the mountain? I've been to the top a few times so I'm not hell bent on summiting or anything. Just love being on this mountain!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Mount Shasta"
in the Northern California Partners