Mountain Project Logo

Arc'Teryx Acrux

Original Post
Kory Goodau · · Great Falls, MT · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

These are the first pair of boots that I have owned as this is my first season ice climbing. They have worked really well for the first half of the season and I am really happy with them for the most part. However the past couple of outings I have developed a couple of "hot spots" on my left foot. Really isn't that bad while i'm out climbing, but when I get the boot off and my foot thaws It seems that my foot may be either rubbing or may have unnecessary pressure on it at two points both on the inside and outside widest points. This is new as I have hiked several miles in these to get to back country climbs and did not experience the same result. 

Has anybody else experienced this or possibly have any ideas as to what I could do to remedy this?

Kevin Mcbride · · Canmore AB · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 160

I have the acrux as well, I haven't found any issues, but my feet fit the ultra narrow last really well. Sounds like your feet might just be a touch wide for them, stick with them and they should break in a little.

Kory Goodau · · Great Falls, MT · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
Kevin Mcbride wrote:

I have the acrux as well, I haven't found any issues, but my feet fit the ultra narrow last really well. Sounds like your feet might just be a touch wide for them, stick with them and they should break in a little.

Oh I have no intention on giving up on them. Wore them the first half of the season with no issue. Gonna just double up on socks till it heals. 

Cheers and thanks for reply.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 180

Just put a patch of duct tape on your bare foot where the hot spot occurs. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Arc'Teryx Acrux "
in the Climbing Gear Discussion