Mountain Project Logo

Camping Van Rental wanted

Original Post
Aaron Kristiansen 1 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hello everyone, 

Squamish local, longtime visitor to J-tree.  Flying into Palm Springs with the family, (wife and two kid) March 13-23.  I’d like to spend a couple nights camping in Joshua Tree and I’m trying to find a camping van to rent.  All your typical RV rentals are way too big to get into Hidden Valley.  Looking for a modest (VW minibus/camper) or equivalent.  Does anyone know of a business that offers? Or perhaps you have one of your own and are willing to rent,  Happy to pay $$ . 

Aaron Kristiansen 

Adam Fleming · · North Carolina · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 303

Look up Juicy or Escape Camper Vans.  I've seen Juicy vans that advertise sleeping four people.

phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 621

I've seen the Jucy's at rv parks. They are pretty cool but tiny and I think the nearest rental location is Las Vegas. 

Check out and search for rentals out of Palm Springs. But basing your rental size assuming you will find a site in HVC in March is very optimistic. 

susan peplow · · Joshua Tree · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 2,660

Hi Aaron, sounds like fun my daughter and niece have some of their fondest childhood memories camping in JT. 

If that doesn't work out for you and/or you're looking for a place to stay with wide open spaces, showers, and amenities we have a few places that might be of interest.  We are long-time residents, climbers (not LA hipster transplants) - we also extend bro-deal climber discounts.  March is still looking good but we anticipate things to book up quickly.  Which goes for camping too, the Park has been at FULL capacity and expected to be so through spring. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Camping Van Rental wanted "
in the Southern California