Mountain Project Logo

Experience with Rab repairs in US

Original Post
El Duderino · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 55

Have any Americanos anyone gone through Rab for repairing their gear?  What was the process like?  Do you ship it to a domestic partner or do you need to mail the item internationally?

SMarsh · · NY, NY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 3

I looked at the Rab website and found both the agreement for returns and the repair option of sending the item back to the UK.

Sending something back to the UK seems a bit cumbersome, in that the cost to send it by a shipper with good tracking is expensive.

If I compare it to what I've actually experienced with Patagonia, it's not what I would hope for.

Patagonia replaced my neighbor's down coat when it became unusable.  They accepted and replaced it at a local Patagonia store.  She was thrilled.

I've had similar, but not as dramatic experiences.

T. Brumme · · denver, co · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 230

Haven’t had to send anything in for repairs, but I have been in their Boulder office where it looked like that had a large pile of stuff being repaired. My guess is you would simply need to send it to Boulder.

AlpineIce · · Upstate, NY · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 255

A few years ago, I sent in a Rab down jacket for repair & shipped it to Colorado, per their instructions.  Not sure if anything has changed since.

David Mehr · · Lexington, KY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 55

Sent a jacket for a zipper repair last year. They repaired it for cheap and even repaired some patch hack jobs I had done without even asking. I was very impressed with their customer service!

coppolillo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 70

Just hit 'em on the c-serv 800 number and you'll get primo help! Give them a call this week!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Experience with Rab repairs in US"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion