Mountain Project Logo

GONE: FS: Outdoor Research Mentor jacket, size L (Gore-Tex Pro Shell)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Goran Lynch · · Oakland, CA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 8

I've owned this jacket for 9 years and only used it a handful of times (20, maybe?), entirely because it's a large and just too big on me for most things. For reference, I'm 6' 175lbs, with a slim upper body for that weight. In my limited experience with the jacket, it's kept me dry in day-long downpours and held the wind out in significantly sub-zero temps while resort skiing. It's bombproof. See here for someone else's review:

The jacket looks and performs essentially as new, and I just used a Nikwax waterproofing wash on it to re-up the DWR. The only visible wear is some slight picking of internal mesh pockets from throwing skins inside the coat. If I had gotten a medium, I would absolutely not be getting rid of this jacket (and it would have seen dramatically more use). 

$150, and split shipping cost (though I'd prefer a Bay Area handoff). PM me if you're interested

For general color and condition:

For reference, I'm wearing a very puffy fleece under the coat to fill out the jacket in this picture:

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "GONE: FS: Outdoor Research Mentor jacket, size…"