Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

[Boulder, CO] WTB: Learning how to ski, looking for super cheap beginner skis(will even take super crappy free ones)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 55

Based out of Boulder and could pick up anywhere around the front range. Not opposed to using the mail assuming the shipping cost isn't too crazy as well.

I'm trying to get into skiing but the cost of skis + a pass is quite prohibitive... especially since the gear I'm going to use is less important given that I'll be falling all over the place anyways.

I'm in need of boots, skis, bindings, and poles so if you've got something for a 5"9 guy who weighs 175 lbs and wears a size 9-9.5 shoe please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 55

bump? I'm sure there's at least one husband on here whose wife is yelling at him to clear out the garage

Cor · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 1,460

Try the Boulder Sports Recycler up in North Boulder.  You might find what you are looking for.  Boots too..

cdawg lion · · BeaUTAHfull · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 71

i have a super cheap tele set up i could part with. 

Tyler Meyers · · Salida, CO · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

Get on craigslist and check out used gear/consignment shops!

Johnny Waldorf · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined May 2015 · Points: 20

I know it's down south but might be worth it to go check out Gearonimo Sports in Colorado Springs. They literally have thousands of used skis, mild to wild, boots, and many accessories. The staff there will get you set up with what you need as a beginner. Since they are a consignment style store, you can also bring in any old sporting goods, clothing, etc you have and want to sell to try and bring down the price of any gear you might want to buy. If anything, at least check them out online and/or on Facebook. They often have special sales for additional discounts. 

Good luck! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "[Boulder, CO] WTB: Learning how to ski, looking…"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.