Mountain Project Logo

Edelrid Bulletproof biners

coldfinger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 55

I'm not a fan of Edelrid's Jul line of devices but have found the Mammut Bionic Alpine is an ideal mate for the Bulletproof as it is also a steel/aluminum hybrid device with simple and effective handling and great durability.  No more black hand/ropes!!!

rkrum · · Here and there · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 75

^^ Or a grigri..

But seriously, these biners are a worth their weight in gold.

Alec Orenstein · · Gallup, NM · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 10

Another vote for these. Absolutely essential for any desert cragging (especially top anchors at the Creek).

C. limbnski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 5
rkrum wrote: ^^ Or a grigri..

But seriously, these biners are a worth their weight in gold.

Are you advocating use of these biners with a grigri? What would the advantage be?

Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 39
Scott Kilts wrote:

Are you advocating use of these biners with a grigri? What would the advantage be?

I think it's a joke. GriGri always comes up anytime any other device is mentioned. "Just use a GriGri."

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 507
Scott Kilts wrote:

No he was advocating using a grigri instead of that belay device, because the steel on a grigri is going to be more durable than any aluminum belay device. 

rkrum · · Here and there · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 75

The post I was referencing was suggesting pairing it with some sort of steel ATC, presumably to eliminate another source of aluminum oxide.

A grigri cam and friction plate are SS and a grigri+ has an SS wear plate on the side. I mentioned the grigri because it seems like a more ubiquitous (and useful) device than the steel ATC thing.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Edelrid Bulletproof biners"