Mountain Project Logo

Catskills/North East Ice Partner

Original Post
Ray Howanski · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 20

Hi All,

i am looking for partners this winter. I am from Philadelphia, so ideally the Catskills area. I can make it up for Saturdays and Sundays easily, but have a flexible work schedule if weekdays are better. I am also able to travel up farther north. I'd love doing some routes up Mt Washington this winter. I have been climbing ice for the last couple years (including a trip to Chamonix), but usually with a guide. I want to find partners. I am hoping to work on my leading skills, but can follow up to WI4. Haven't been on WI5 yet, but maybe I can change that this year. I have long term objectives of Rainier and Denali, so somebody interested in those type of expeditions feel free to reach out as well.

I'd be happy to share any other info, if interested.

Ray (rjhowanski@gmail.com)

Chad Cowan · · Horseheads,NY · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 130

I just recently moved to NYC and will be around for the next two months. I'm looking to get out and do some ice climbing. I've seen flows around the city and know of the DWG as close places. Also Harriman state park has limited roped climbing by permit only but I might be able to pick on of those permits up at a local climbing gym. Definitely need partners for ice, and right now i'm an uber driver making my own schedule. 

Ben Harris · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I'm out on Long Island and also looking for ice partners this winter. Really only available on weekends though

Jillian Gold · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey friends! I live in Rochester NY and would love to get out on some ice in February and March. I can meet up in either the Catskills or the Adirondacks. I'm a super safe belay partner and I can follow up just about anything. I'm not leading yet but I've got 6 screws and a rope to contribute. 518-248-4224 

Parker Cunneen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 28

I am in philly as well! Let link up because my plan was to head up to the Catskills on weekends as well! 

I don’t lead yet so the idea of you working on your leads sounds great to me! Sounds like we have similar long term interests. Planning a Baker Rainier this summer and Denali in future for sure. Just spent the last two weeks over holiday breaks in the ADK and NH climbing and camping. 

hope to hear from you.

215 738 4069

Hamed Jasem · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hey dudes, I define beginner when it comes to ice, but have been itching to get into it all of last year and just picked up my first set of ice climbing gear. I am looking for experienced partners that can show me the ropes this season! Most of my experience is with sport climbing. I am based in central PA (I go to Penn State) and have time to climb on the weekends, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Looking forward to getting on ice! 8183717728

Paolo Aranoff · · Allentown, PA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hey, I live in Allentown. I just started ice climbing, having gone out 3 times now. I have everything necessary for following, but no ice protection. I am available pretty much everyday. Let me know if you want to climb! 610-573-8153

Thomas Martin · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 40

Want to climb in the Cats this weekend? I can lead wi 2 and like to top rope above that. 

Let me know. 3852107921

Sudha Pamidimukkala · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 25

We are looking for a fourth to join us in Adirondacks this Saturday. If interested, text me at 7328811083

James Sweeney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30

Sudha,

Perhaps this fella can help you out.

Jim

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Catskills/North East Ice Partner"
in the North Eastern States Partners