Mountain Project Logo

Wtb: approach ski

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 443

Alright everyone, snow is upon us and I'm looking for some skis! Maybe all I need are bindings, and some advice? Looking for some advice from my fellow MP community.

This year I am going to spend more time in leather ice boots and I need some skis and bindings that work with my boots. Mostly I'll be using this pair of skis for the approach to ice climbs, but I also want to have some fun on the way back down.

I have heard good things about silverettas, and I'm even considering getting a pair of shorter youth skis to shave weight.

I would prefer a binding that will allow for free heel skiing, I love Tele. And I also am looking for a binding/ski that would be flexible and lightweight to skin in and also take some free heel turns back down the hill.

Any suggestions are welcome, and if anyone has a pair of bindings/skis located around the San Francisco bay area I could come pick them up instead of shipping.

Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 443

Happy holidays!

Kyle Tarry · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 236

I have a full setup with Atomic 170 cm skis, Silvretta bindings, and BD climbing skins.  Not sure if this is what you're looking for?  Located in Portland OR.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "Wtb: approach ski"

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.