Mountain Project Logo

Best training gym Denver/Boulder?

Original Post
Alice H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 3

Opening a can of worms I'm sure! I'm from out of town but want to do some training while in the area for bouldering.

Mark Ra · · Frange, CO · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Head up to the Alpine Training Center and they'll get you fit enough to start doing some real climbing. 

Justin Skaare · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 90

The movement gyms both have moonboards and dedicated training areas (campus, hangboards, etc).  A monthly membership gives you access to both the Denver and Boulder gym.  A multipack probably would as well.  BRC has auto-belays, if that's your thing.  

Kevin Ross · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Mark Ra wrote:

Head up to the Alpine Training Center and they'll get you fit enough to start doing some real climbing. 

Bump for the ATC! What a gem. No frills, and a guaranteed a** whooping - you'll be in the best shape of your life! Not to mention a phenomenal community.

reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

Who the hell goes to ATC to train for bouldering?

To OP, any of the full service climbing gyms will be more than adequate. Pick the closest one that's not overly crowded during the hours you want to train.

Kevin Stricker · · Evergreen, CO · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 575

The LED Tension wall at ET Golden is pretty awesome. Check it out. 

Eli Gray · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

If you're looking to train for bouldering then you should go to The Spot in Boulder. Got a great community and awesome problems. 

Alice H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 3

Thanks for all the tips. We shall see which one wins out :D

D B · · Denver · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 205

Denver Bouldering Club

Sam Latone 1 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

DBC is cheap, has a moonboard, and weights. Earth Treks has the tensionboard, weights, a lead area, and nice free showers.  Either would be great depending on your needs. I will be mostly bouldering for the next 4 months. I get outside to local and not so local bouldering areas frequently. PM me if you care to join us. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Best training gym Denver/Boulder?"
in the Colorado