Mountain Project Logo

Looking for backcountry ski partner this weekend and beyond

Original Post
Reuben Cousin · · Seattle, wa · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 15

I'm an experienced telemark skier, have my probe, shovel and beacon along with avalanche knowledge and expect you to as well.  Will be interested skiing the remainder of the season near Seattle too.  I'm currently thinking alpental and Crystal backcountry for this coming long weekend.  I don't know the area, recently moved here from Utah, but don't require someone who does, just hoping to get out and ski some good vert this weekend!

Zach Parsons · · Tacoma, WA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 100

Still looking for ski partners?

I've got my AIARE 1 and a moderate amount of experience. New to WA and need to build a network of BC ski buddies.

I'd be totally down for Crystal backcountry anytime. Rainier is also good.

Tobin Story · · Woodinville, WA · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 35

Hey Reuben/Zach

I'm always interested in growing the partner network. I moved from Utah 4 years ago, have all the requisite gear and Avy 1 + 2. I live in the Eastside Seattle burbs, ski Stevens and Snoqualmie mostly but also travel to Crystal, Rainier, and Baker BC. I'm generally available weekends.

Hit me up if you're looking for partners

Zach Parsons · · Tacoma, WA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 100

I'll be in-bounds at Crystal tomorrow to get some powder while the avy danger is up, but could tour either Saturday or Sunday, pending conditions. Leaving from Tacoma, but willing to drive most wherever.

Tobin, I'll hit you up if things look favorable for some BC this weekend!

Reuben Cousin · · Seattle, wa · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 15

I'm interested doing something big on Sunday, I've never skied at Rainier, but something over 8000 ft or so would be nice. Get in touch if Sunday works. I'm also flexible Saturday. Feel free to send me a pm when you see this.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for backcountry ski partner this weeken…"
in the Pacific Northwest Partners