Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

North America Ice Climbing Expedition - New England Leg

Original Post
Karn Kowshik · · Keene, NY · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hi!

My name is karn, i'm a himalayan climber, living and guiding in the Indian Himalaya. I'm going to be spending a month in Upstate New York, with the sole aim of climbing as much as I can. I'm looking for partners - I'm comfortable with whatever grade you are (as long as it's not above 5!). My intention is to discover the ice of North America, and get to know as many people from your community as I can. 

I will be based out of Keene Valley from 14th Jan to 14th Feb, and i have a car so i'm willing to drive a bit to climb - the Gunks & NH are both on the list. 

I have pretty much everything, rack wise. 

After NY, i'll head to the upper peninsula of Michigan and Colorado. 

To know a bit about me - check out this article I wrote : http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web17c/wfeature-a59-onbelay-shunyata

Look forward to connecting, climbing and sharing our climbing styles and climbing cultures!

Best,

Karn

(karn81@gmail.com)

Hannah Lippe · · Somerville · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

Karn, I'm totally down to climb sometime while you're here! Let me know, and enjoy your travels! -hannah

Hannah Lippe wrote:

Karn, I'm totally down to climb sometime while you're here! Let me know, and enjoy your travels! -hannah

Awesome - i'm going to message you!

Sudha Pamidimukkala · · Marlboro, NJ · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 60

Hi Karn! Bunch of us from NY/NJ area will be near Keene from 1/12 thru 1/16 for the ice fest so if you would like to connect with us, call or text me at 732-881-1083

Richard Murray · · Conway · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 95

Karn, there's a FB group: Adirondack Ice Climbers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509202579256946/

Great for current conditions and for finding local partners.

Hamed Jasem · · Tallinn, EE · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I've never been on ice and come from a sport background, but have been really stoked to get into it. If you're patient enough to show me the ropes, I'd love to learn and get on some ice with you! 

Would love to, Hamed. When do you get here? 

Hamed Jasem · · Tallinn, EE · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Sweet! This weekend, I can meet you at the Gunks, preferably, or could possibly make the trip out to Keene Valley. You can better reach me at haj5057@psu.edu or text me at 8183717728

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "North America Ice Climbing Expedition - New Eng…"
in the North Eastern States Partners