Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

...


Original Post
0 out of 10 would not recommend · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

thanks for nothing


adios amigos!

ViperScale . · · McMurdo Station, AQ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

There are tons of siblings who have climbed everest does anyone really care what country they were born in? Especially if they are american since being american doesn't really mean anything compared to most countries because you have people from every country in the world living there.

Chalk in the Wind · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 3

My goal is to be the first blind black transgender Muslim with a prosthetic leg to climb Everest. If I succeed, will someone please write an article about me?

5.Seven-Kevin · · Las Vegas · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

70 years of people buying their way up that mountain and you think two siblings haven't pitched in to be carried up together??


LOL

David Hous · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Nov 2001 · Points: 195

Jim and Lou Whittaker?

edit: apparently they summitted on different expeditions

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

First ascent is the only thing that matters. Female first ascent can also be significant. No one really cares beyond that. In regards to climbing, who honestly gives a shit about your nationality, race, religion, siblings or sexual orientation? 

I definitely would not claim that until you know for damn sure. Because a fukton of people have climbed everest. 

Possibly the Messner brothers

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,464

Do not Know Do Not Care, In my opinion,that Mountain should be closed for 50 years . . . There are plenty of other challenging Mountains, besides the Disney side of, , , .(edit) ok I will keep it positive, The trade routes, the ladders, the entire Sherpa slavery for minimal wages, at say,  $65,000 a person per trip (?! is that for real?), should be stopped, the dead stripped from the Mountain and New routes pioneered. . . 


Not All That Off Topic         all that "off topic", tripe is irritating

 https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/18/sports/everest-deaths.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Wally · · Denver · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

A lot of negative bull shit here. Who is to say that your climbing preference is superior to my climbing preference. If I want to climb Everest fully supported with my sister and if I am curious as to whether or not that would be the first American sibling Everest ascent than why not.

Come on, folks, perhaps keep things positive?

MojoMonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 66

I am writing a story about a brother and sister, who are about to climb Mount Everest. I want it to be record breaking, but also true. I've tried to google it myself, but haven't found anything. So my question is, if there are any american siblings who have climed Mount Everest together? Or can I in my story, claim that my characters are the first to do so :).

It sounds like the OP is working on fiction, not documenting an attempt of an actual pair of siblings? And just wanted to be factual in her writing. Not sure how compelling that record would be for a "hook" in her book, but it could be something that matters to some fictional pair of siblings... I guess she also got some fodder for antagonists in his story here :)

I'll warn you though - I'm writing my own story now featuring fraternal American twins (brother and sister) and will race you to publishing the first fictional American mixed gender sibling ascent of Everest. They are looking forward to a tour of American high schools to inspire kids to stay off drugs and incorporate oxygen bottles at the next track meet.

ViperScale . · · McMurdo Station, AQ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

Its ok I am writing a book about the first brother / sister who are married to each other and climb everest with their 1 year old kid.

Going to call it war star alternate universe!

0 out of 10 would not recommend · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0
MojoMonkey wrote:

It sounds like the OP is working on fiction, not documenting an attempt of an actual pair of siblings? And just wanted to be factual in her writing. Not sure how compelling that record would be for a "hook" in her book, but it could be something that matters to some fictional pair of siblings... I guess she also got some fodder for antagonists in his story here :)

I'll warn you though - I'm writing my own story now featuring fraternal American twins (brother and sister) and will race you to publishing the first fictional American mixed gender sibling ascent of Everest. They are looking forward to a tour of American high schools to inspire kids to stay off drugs and incorporate oxygen bottles at the next track meet.

Thank you for actually getting it, that is exactly what I meant! 

I'm not writing a book though, just gay supergirl fanfiction lmao, but thanks! ;)

ViperScale . · · McMurdo Station, AQ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240
Iben Frederiksen wrote:

Thank you for actually getting it, that is exactly what I meant! 

I'm not writing a book though, just gay supergirl fanfiction lmao, but thanks! ;)

You don't understand fiction imao. If you are writing fiction why does it matter if what you are writing is real or not? Sounds like you are trying to write a cross between fiction and non-fiction. You want it to be non-fiction but really fiction?

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

Gawd I love rage deletions. 

Everett · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 25
La MoMoFace wrote:

Gawd I love rage deletions. 

Yeah, they're a sign of a really healthy community.

ViperScale . · · McMurdo Station, AQ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

Someone getting pissed they made a post that had nothing to do really do with rock climbing and deleted the post and went away crying...

JD · · Vanlifer · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 95
ViperScale . wrote:

Someone getting pissed they made a post that had nothing to do really do with rock climbing and deleted the post and went away crying...

about some s*** that should have been googled before wasting more 1 & 0 s. 

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

If OP rage quit over this thread, imagine if he tried this at Supertopo.

Dan Cooksey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365
Robert Michael wrote:

My goal is to be the first blind black transgender Muslim with a prosthetic leg to climb Everest. If I succeed, will someone please write an article about me?

You are in luck.  Its almost 2018 and all you have to do is climb it.  Then tell the world on that day you identified as all of those things. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "..."
in the General Climbing

Log In to Reply