Mountain Project Logo

Enchanted Rock Dec 17-23

Original Post
cj8dude · · Ventura, California · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Climbing as many routes as possible up to 5.10. At least one non-technical descent via the cave near the summit. Camping nearby.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 195

Have you tried the San Antonio or Austin climbing groups on Facebook?  I usually have a lot better luck finding people there when I’m in town.  For some reason, the town’s just not that into Mountain Project.

Alex Dillon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I'm available to climb 19th-21st

Hello Alex, I can be there at 9 am on the 19th. Thanks for the info Ted. 

will ar · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 270
Ted Pinson wrote:...the town’s just not that into Mountain Project.

MP is not a great place to find short notice partners, a very active Facebook group full of people who live near a specific climbing area on the other hand is.

I'll be available on the 19th and 20th, but at least on the 19th it looks like there will be a lot of rain.

I agree. I joined the three fb groups in Austin. I saw the forecast for Tuesday. Going to check it again tomorrow.

Colson C · · Washington,DC · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

any update on conditions with the rain having come through?

will ar · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 270
Colson C wrote:

any update on conditions with the rain having come through?

Most places at erock are probably dry. There are 2 climbs I can think of that seep a bit: missing link and aquatic anxiety and in general the triple cracks area probably wouldn't be my first choice after a rain. I was out there on wed after 2 days of good rain and everything was bone dry. We climbed at turkey peak, South American boulders, rock Clark, and frontside boulders.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Texas Partners
Post a Reply to "Enchanted Rock Dec 17-23"