Mountain Project Logo

Hate the round avatar display.

Original Post
mountainhick · · Black Hawk, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 120

Title says it all. Ruins the actual photo composition/cropping.

Also the inability to click on avatar in person's profile to see full size pic.

Kurt G · · Monticello, UT · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 156

agreed but avatars have traditionally not linked to the full photo (i.e. instagram). the work around is most folks have the photo buried in their general photos section, i found yours there, nice shot by the way.

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419
mountainhick wrote:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

EDIT:

Kurt G. worte · 4 mins ago · Reading, PA ·

Michael Schneider wrote:

When I click on the round, ( set by Corporate?) picture it takes me to your page and a square version of the same picture. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is saying the square photo on his page is cropped and the avatar (circle) is cropped even further which ruins the photo. 

here is the original https://www.mountainproject.com/photo/111837820

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Ah Thnx  Kurt, yes I see !  the Square version is an arbitrary crop !            `  wow, that makes a big difference  

Kurt G · · Monticello, UT · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 156
Michael Schneider wrote:

When I click on the round, ( set by Corporate?) picture it takes me to your page and a square version of the same picture. 

He is saying the square photo on his page is cropped and the avatar (circle) is cropped even further which ruins the photo.  here is the original https://www.mountainproject.com/photo/111837820

mountainhick · · Black Hawk, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 120

Not just referring to my photo, but so many site wide.

Point #2, inability to click on avatar in person's profile to see full size pic: Avatar pics are not necessarily in the member's photo album. Take Kurt and Michael Schnieder's avatars, Really does not do justice in posting a pic in the first place. Images not improved by visiting the profile page. 

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
mountainhick wrote:

Point #2, inability to click on avatar in person's profile to see full size pic: Avatar pics are not necessarily in the member's photo album. Take Kurt and Michael Schnieder's avatars, Really does not do justice in posting a pic in the first place. Images not improved by visiting the profile page. 

yeah, this part really sucks. Some people have really cool photos as their avatar and I want to see.

Wishing Every body a happy Christmas and a Merry Hanukkah as well as a Climbing New Year.

This Got 3 likes?

Nolan Huther wrote:

Am I the only person on this forum who reads Michael Schneider's comments and wonders "is he having a stroke or am I"? 

semi- private messenger system used to retort too 

very curious as to what it is,  that Nolan failed to understand? I am only sure that no one is stroking out over anything I say

well? there is one troll but hey 

Nolan Huther wrote:

Just to update everyone, I've spent the last couple of minutes decoding said email, and though I'm still figuring out how to respond to it, I'm sure it's the best email I've ever received

What can I say? if you need a decoder ring there is one at the bush, under the final cap-stone, where you go Right and up to the clean streak in the lichen. This is above  the face, after the crux on "Modern Times",

the bush now blocks, V2  

That would be "The Direct"

I keep Hot mail for this site, alone ,and for Sierra Trading Post

Mark Says · · Basalt, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 395

This is a full on bromance happening before our eyes folks.

What was this thread about?

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Mark Says wrote:

This is a full on bromance happening before our eyes folks.

What was this thread about?

It’s about the fact we can’t see the her entire Audi beanie. Square picture peg doesn’t fit in round avatar hole

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Hate the round avatar display."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started