Mountain Project Logo

Totems in Denver

Original Post
Tracy Warneke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 5

Hello Good People!

I'm currently in Denver, Colorado, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a location that sells new Totems? I checked Bentgate and Wilderness Exchange, and neither has any (WE doesn't carry any, and Bentgate hasn't had totems in for quite a while, or so says the employee I spoke to). Totems aren't on REI's radar, and that's about all I know.

Any suggestions? In particular, I'm looking for the 0.4 (yellow) size.

Thanks for your help.

Tracy

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430
Gregger Man · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Aug 2004 · Points: 1,285
Gregger Man wrote:

https://www.neptunemountaineering.com/totem-cam

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was totally just there...but I didn't stop at Neptune. I appreciate the help.

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Mountain gear in spokane has them at their physical store. Might have them online but dunno. I can buy and ship to you at my cost. 82.95 before tax plus ship. Lemme know

Briggs Lazalde wrote:

Mountain gear in spokane has them at their physical store. Might have them online but dunno. I can buy and ship to you at my cost. 82.95 before tax plus ship. Lemme know

Thanks, Briggs, that's really generous of you to offer. I might have a friend heading out to the desert over the holidays, so he could swing by Pagan, but if not, I'll probably message you. I really appreciate your time and help! Happy Holidays.

Tracy

Jim Jam · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 225
Briggs Lazalde wrote:

I actually went in and bought all of their totems they had left from blue to purple on Friday. Surprising that they would tell you they had that size in stock? But their inventory system has been criticized for a while now. They said they will have more in stock in Jan. 

Jeromy Markee wrote:

I actually went in and bought all of their totems they had left from blue to purple on Friday. Surprising that they would tell you they had that size in stock? But their inventory system has been criticized for a while now. They said they will have more in stock in Jan. 

Nah they didnt tell me. I saw them all 1 week ago and definitely didn't expect anyone to buy that quantity Hahah but hell yea. What did that run you?

Briggs Lazalde wrote:

Nah they didnt tell me. I saw them all 1 week ago and definitely didn't expect anyone to buy that quantity Hahah but hell yea. What did that run you?

They only had singles in blue, yellow, and purple when I was there Friday afternoon. Three greens, two? Reds, lots orange. I only bought up to purple so 3 cams total. If yew want to part ways with that black leme know! Hahaha

Are the small Springs up by the head are they not fragile? With as thin of a gauge as they are and how many there are and how close to the Head do they not have problems with those breaking and need to be replaced?

I haven't looked into it really but as far as I know...they are quite long lasting cams. Got a few buddies that swear by them who turned me on to them. Really haven't heard complaints of that (or anything), that's a good question though

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Totems in Denver"