Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Used Crash Pad in Los Angeles/Santa Barbara

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Je ff · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Looking to buy a used crash pad in decent condition. I'm flying into LAX on December 26th then bouldering in Santa Barbara, so I can pick up anywhere between LAX and SB. I'm open to getting it shipped to a friend's place in SB if shipping costs are reasonable. Hit me up!

Señor Arroz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10
Jeff G wrote:

Looking to buy a used crash pad in decent condition. I'm flying into LAX on December 26th then bouldering in Santa Barbara, so I can pick up anywhere between LAX and SB. I'm open to getting it shipped to a friend's place in SB if shipping costs are reasonable. Hit me up!

Adventure 16 in West Los Angeles is right off the 405 Freeway and rents crash pads for $15 first night and $4 each additional.

The Los Padres National Forest in Santa Barbara is currently closed to all non-essential access because of the Thomas fire. Hopefully that will be a non issue by 12/26 but keep that in mind.

AndrewArroz wrote:

Adventure 16 in West Los Angeles is right off the 405 Freeway and rents crash pads for $15 first night and $4 each additional.

The Los Padres National Forest in Santa Barbara is currently closed to all non-essential access because of the Thomas fire. Hopefully that will be a non issue by 12/26 but keep that in mind.

Thanks for the heads up about the fire and rental! Unfortunately, renting isn't an option as I'm not leaving from LAX. I also couldn't find any rental options in SB. 

Je ff wrote:

Thanks for the heads up about the fire and rental! Unfortunately, renting isn't an option as I'm not leaving from LAX. I also couldn't find any rental options in SB. 

Give these guys a call. They certainly HAVE crash pads. They might just be willing to rent one to you for a couple days. 

http://www.sbrockgym.com/

AndrewArroz wrote:

Give these guys a call. They certainly HAVE crash pads. They might just be willing to rent one to you for a couple days. 

http://www.sbrockgym.com/

I called them a few days ago, but unfortunately neither they nor REI rent pads.

MisterE Wolfe · · Bishop, CA · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 3,040

I have an older Misty Mountain crash pad in decent shape if you want it. 

I am in Bishop now, but coming to LA for Christmas.

I will take $75 for it. If you are interested, PM me.

Erik

MisterE Wolfe wrote:

I have an older Misty Mountain crash pad in decent shape if you want it. 

I am in Bishop now, but coming to LA for Christmas.

I will take $75 for it. If you are interested, PM me.

Erik

Messaged!

Ian Bloom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 160

If you'd like you can PM me too!  My house (SB area) has a few nonessential pads around you can buy/rent/borrow.

Ian Bloom wrote:

If you'd like you can PM me too!  My house (SB area) has a few nonessential pads around you can buy/rent/borrow.

Thanks! Sent you a message.

Bump

Bump

BTW, I was just in SB and it looks like the main bouldering areas like Lizard Mouth, etc were just spared. Climbing areas like San Ysidro Canyon burned. 

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if Lizard's Mouth is open?

Looks like you're safe to go that direction but I'd give them a call and ask specifically 

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd566166.pdf

Thanks man. Still looking

Bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "WTB: Used Crash Pad in Los Angeles/Santa Barbara "
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.