Mountain Project Logo

Wtb: vg#9

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Chris Ritna · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

See title

K Weber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 15

What is your price point?

JVB Project · · Berkeley CA · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0
Glass Tupperware · · Atlanta · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 45

I second the merlin cam recommendation. Just picked one up and am super happy with it! Waitlist was only a few weeks long. 

ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 405

VGs are time-tested and 100% bomber. While Merlins are perhaps more aesthetically pleasing, VGs have far more engineering considerations in their design. Order a #9 from Tom, and while you're at it grab a #12 as well. Mine are very much not for sale.

Chris Ritna · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Im in the same boat as @ClimbingOn. The drastic weight reduction cut outs and the lack of testing makes me weary (lack of testing as in VG has hundreds of data points of their cams still working in the field after years of service). I would want to see a large sample set of Merlin's destroyed in multiple situations (sample set of at least 20) and some FE analysis to switch my view point. 

Jon H · · MD/DC · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 121
Chris Ritna wrote:

Im in the same boat as @ClimbingOn. The drastic weight reduction cut outs and the lack of testing makes me weary (lack of testing as in VG has hundreds of data points of their cams still working in the field after years of service). I would want to see a large sample set of Merlin's destroyed in multiple situations (sample set of at least 20) and some FE analysis to switch my view point. 

The creator the Merlins has pull tested at least 5 to failure and conducted FEA on his cams.  Both are documented in the long thread over at Supertopo.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Wtb: vg#9"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.