Mountain Project Logo

G2 SM fit question

Original Post
Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 330

Does anyone have these guys and notice heel lift and the front tounge bite into the top of the foot by the crease? Tried tightening and loosening both boas, all different combos, tighten one independent of other and loosen other as well, and vice versa, still about a half inch to inch. 

I was thinking to big? Go down a 0.5 size, but my toes almost touch the fronts, so going down would restrict blood flow and have my toenails falling off...

Any one else notice similar issues with this boot specifically? I have a lot of experience with boots, I own quite a few... More than I should, but these are so damn light it's ridiculous. They flex amazingly, with the exception of the pinch when it's flexed.

Michael Shelver · · Concord, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I have a pair and noticed heel lift like you did too. With a green Superfeet insert it pretty much disappeared and made the boot feel way more secure while keeping my toes with good clearance. I'd try throw an insert in there to see how it feels. Also try kicking your heel back in the boot, tightening the top boa and then tightening the bottom boa, that should help keep the heel locked in. The tongue bit at first but out climbing I never notice it. Hope this helps!

Yeh i tried the ski boot trick, but duh I didn't take my other insoles out and swap them.. everything is packed to the gills right now, so I'll have to see if that solves it when I get to the end of my drive

Parker C · · Philadelphia · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 56

I noticed the slight heel lift too. That being said so light yet warm I don’t mind at all. I like the insert idea to help, will have to try

Norm Larson · · Wilson, Wy. · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 60

Superfeet makes an insole with wool on top. Really great for winter boots. Warm and your feet don’t slide around so much.

Also adding a layer of tin foil under the super feet helps.  Whether it's mental or not, my feet always seam to notice, and ways like nothing.

Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 396

Heel lift is a bit of a thing for me, but not any more than another 6000m boot.  Actually, less than any other 6000m boot.  I found that insoles make it worse for me, so I go without.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountaineering
Post a Reply to "G2 SM fit question"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.