Mountain Project Logo

Thailand Dec. 27th - Jan.16th

Original Post
Brandy Kopa · · Menomonie, WI · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I am heading to Thailand from Dec. 27th - Jan. 16th and hoping to climb! I have no set plans yet, but would love to find someone to hang with around the 6.a/a+ level for lead single-pitch, (but I'm willing to follow/clean on harder, or stay easier for some quality routes!). 

I will bring a rope if needed, but would really prefer not to (I will be traveling outside of climbing and do not want to drag it around). I will be bringing draws/harness/good belay. I want to hit up Railey, and Chiang Mai areas for sure, but am open to any advice/opportunity anywhere in Thailand to climb! 

Also, advice on deep water soloing/hiring a boat for cheap is welcomed! I  would not mind bouldering if anyone has pads to share! You can email me directly at

Adam Aronovitz · · New Orleans, LA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

You'll meet a trillion people in Ton Sai when you're there. Just head to eat at Mama Chicken and introduce yourself to people. Jungle Huts or Passok is a good place to stay to meet climbers. Bring your draws and rope, its worth it to be able to climb way more. You can mail it home afterwards.

Ryan Bernhardt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I will be in Thailand at the beginning of January. Probably going to Tonsai first. I'm looking forward to trip of a life time. Maybe I can message you to see if your in the vasinity. As Adam said the place is crawling with potential partners, with ropes. 

Brandy Kopa · · Menomonie, WI · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I've been getting stellar advice! I'm bringing all my gear, and plan on traveling around with it (ending my trip in the Railey area probably from Jan. 9ish th-16th). Otherwise I'll be finding other areas to climb, but keeping it open to ideas when I get there. Email me if you interested in climbing, and thanks for the advice!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Thailand Dec. 27th - Jan.16th"
in the Extended Trips and International Partners