Mountain Project Logo

(Boulder) Looking to learn on weekends

Original Post
Raymon Bonner · · Boulder · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Hey! I have minimal experience with rope climbing. I have a little bit of experience in a gym and have only climbed one outdoor pitch. Would love to find someone or people willing to teach a novice the ropes. I have a harness, ATC, carabiner, shoes and chalk bag. No gear beyond that.

I'm asking for a service and asking without any kind of offer isn't terribly inviting. I'd be more than willing to drive, carry gear, or buy beer. I'm up for negotiation too. I'm a little fresh to the area and don't have too many resources so I would be down to go out and just spectate if it's not a burden. I want to network and meet a good crew of people that I can enjoy my time with.

I enjoy lead climbing and bouldering.  I'd really like to learn how to sport climb.

I live in the Boulder area and I'm available weekends. Evenings once the sun stays out a little longer.

JFM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,768

Hey Raymon, put some info in your personal profile & you'll likely get more interest from prospective partners.

When you go out with a mentor, offer to carry stuff on the approach / descent, maybe offer to drive, maybe offer to buy a beer after.

Good luck with learning outdoors climbing! be safe.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "(Boulder) Looking to learn on weekends"