For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Pre-christmas in San Bernies?

Original Post
Todd F · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Hi all,

Looking for anyone interested bit of fun in the week before Christmas. Specifically, I'm staying next to Green Valley Lake with family. I'm bringing my 70m, draws, and my kit. Specifics...

Dec 17th, driving up to Green Valley lake from somewhere in LA but could be convinced to detour to Tahquitz (less preferred) or Saddle Peak (much preferred, climbing with a view!, its small but been on my list for a while)

Dec 18th - Dec 23rd - Green Valley lake, big bear area, running springs, lake arrowhead...you pick, I'll show up and remember why I avoid cardio at altitude.

Obviously this is all weather dependent, it could be 60 and sunny or it could be 20 and snowing but I'm hardy. I generally climb sport, but could be convinced to follow a little trad (its been about a decade). I lead 10a-c but am planning on a soft trip because I am running a race right after Christmas. Perfect world would be somebody else wants to explore the pinnacles around Green Valley Lake and takes pity on a lost trad soul. But, heck, I'd be happy to show up and just be a belay monkey because the other option is writing my dissertation.

Want to call me names? Actually interested? Investment opportunities? Hit me up...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Pre-christmas in San Bernies? "
in the Southern California Partners