Mountain Project Logo

Snow in Chattanooga?


Original Post
David Wilks · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

I'm planning a trip to Stone Fort tomorrow but it's snowing pretty good here in Alabama. Can anyone in Chatt give me an on the ground weather report? TIA!

Kyle McPheeters · · Chattanooga, Tennessee · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

Snow downtown, mostly melting but leaving everything wet. 

Kyle Taylor · · Atlanta Ga · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
David Wilks wrote:

I'm planning a trip to Stone Fort tomorrow but it's snowing pretty good here in Alabama. Can anyone in Chatt give me an on the ground weather report? TIA!

If it's like Atlanta you're SOL. About 2 inches here. It'll stay around a day or 2

matt swaim · · Charlotte, North Carolina · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 30

Way more snow in Alabama. Roads are dry and nothing in the grass

Kyle Taylor · · Atlanta Ga · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
matt swaim wrote:

Way more snow in Alabama. Roads are dry and nothing in the grass

Oh dang, sorry then dude. Still snow in Atlanta 

nkane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 90

We've got some nice sunny weather here in California. Want to trade?

thatboyaintright . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 5

Driving in to Chattanooga now out if NW Atlanta area.. Very little snow on the ground—nothing like Atlanta. Looks like the snow line was south of here. 

Alice H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

There was snow for 3 hours yesterday, it definitely could be wet. You could try Dayton climbing?

David M · · Nashville, TN · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Any updates from the locals?

Weather sites seems to indicate less than half an inch Saturday morning (I think?). Which, if you equate to straight water, is very very little precipitation...<0.1"

Sandstone crags good for Sunday?

Kris S · · Gunbarrel, CO · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 413

look for overhangs where the rock stayed dry. 

thatboyaintright . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 5
David M wrote:

Any updates from the locals?

Weather sites seems to indicate less than half an inch Saturday morning (I think?). Which, if you equate to straight water, is very very little precipitation...<0.1"

Sandstone crags good for Sunday?

I climbed all afternoon at T Wall yesterday. No snow on the ground, but it was cold. 

David Wilks · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

We decided to go for it, and it was perfect! Dry and very very cold. Thanks everybody!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Snow in Chattanooga?"
in the Southern States

Log In to Reply