Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Norway January-June

Original Post
Jacob Bretz · · Chicago, Illinois · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm lucky enough to study in Bodo, Norway next semester (January 6th till late June). Is there anyone living in or visiting northern Norway that would want to share a rope during that time? I led quite a bit out in Yosemite this summer but have only gotten outside a few times this fall--there isn't too much within walking distance of Chicago. I honestly feel a bit out of practice, but at this point, I could climb into the mid 5.10s.

I know the middle of winter isn't exactly prime time for rock climbing in northern Norway so during that time I'll be cross country skiing (maybe learn how to downhill?), hiking, fishing, and trying some pretty mellow snow routes nearby. Also, I plan to get down to Spain or Italy a few times through January and February to get on some rock. Once my academic studies are over with, I'd like to tackle a larger objective before heading back to the states.

So, if there is anyone that'd want to partner up while I'm in Europe, let me know! Either to climb or anything else. Barring that, if anyone has information of clubs or organizations out of Bodo that are invested in this sort of thing, that'd be great to know.

-Jacob

Richard Safin · · Marbella · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I don't live in Bodø, but I'll recommend you to check out their climbing center. Adress is: Bodøsjøveien 50, 8013 Bodø, Norway

Good luck!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Norway January-June"
in the International