Mountain Project Logo

Anyone live in Clear Creek County? Van life address woes!

Original Post
Beau Lanier · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Nevermind 

Jim Turner · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 305

How about getting a P.O. boxin Gtown?  You only need to rent it for long enough to send one letter.  Would that work?

Why not register in Denver County?

Fritz Nuffer · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 235

They probably need a physical address to determine tax rates. We saved three hundred bucks when registering our Promaster by providing a friend's address outside of Durango instead of using another friend in city limits.

Jim Turner · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 305

Ahh that makes sense.  Probably answers my second question also (cheaper registration tax in Clear Creek County?)

Chick on Crack · · Superior, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

The DMV won't take a p.o. box address.  Go to the Ace Hi in Golden, be awesome, most of the locals will help you out.

Peter Rakowitz · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2010 · Points: 440

He's probably an undercover DMV agent out to bust someone, be careful everybody.

Beau Lanier · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Hey GSPUP, news flash:

I live in Clear Creek County on national forest land much of the time.  I'm trying to register my vehicle in the county I reside.  How is that scheming?

before the 2017 law, they registered me just fine.  Now the law requires proof of a permanent address, thereby making "homelessness" illegal.  I have a home, my van, but that's how they are classifying me.  That's DISCRIMINATORY.

nevermind.  I didnt post for advice, I asked a simple request.  If no one wants to oblige, that's fair.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Anyone live in Clear Creek County? Van life ad…"