Mountain Project Logo

lost camalot #5 at Indian Creek


Original Post
Daniel Cohn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2006 · Points: 430

My #5 is missing after a trip to the creek.  It is pretty new and has a large blue carabiner.  It may have been dropped at Cat Wall.  I will pay $10 + shipping to get it back.  Thanks.

Matt Pierce · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 278

"$10 + shipping to get it back" Seriously? Your pretty new #5 is gone dude...

B Owens · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 60
Matt Pierce wrote:

"$10 + shipping to get it back" Seriously? Your pretty new #5 is gone dude...

Is it too much to hope that some people might return lost property for altruistic reasons alone? 

Jonathan Awerbuch · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 41

I think we have your cam. Conveniently, I brought it back to Boulder for you. Sending you a PM.

Jonathan Awerbuch · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 41

Also, I don't want any money. Just to spite Matt and his cynical followers

Matt Pierce · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 278
Jonathan Awerbuch wrote:

Also, I don't want any money. Just to spite Matt and his cynical followers

It was booty but nice of you to return it...

J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,791
Matt Pierce wrote:

It was booty but nice of you to return it...

Matt, you are a d-bag.

To Jonathan Awerbuch, good on you for being a decent human being. Low bar these days I guess, huh?

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,734
Matt Pierce wrote:

"$10 + shipping to get it back" Seriously? Your pretty new #5 is gone dude...


B Owens · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 60
Jonathan Awerbuch wrote:

Also, I don't want any money. Just to spite Matt and his cynical followers

You're awesome.

Tee Kay · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 110

any chance you found a #3 too?

i was gonna post about it, but figured most people would be psyched on a free #3.

either cat wall or supercrack buttress...

it truly just disappeared...

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

I understand posts that scream booty. I wanna be cool too but... Thought lost gear was not booty? 

Matt Pierce · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 278

Haha - how easily you all attack me - if you actually stop and read my posts they make sense - 99 times out of 100 a person walking along Cat Wall that spot a nearly new #5 sitting on the ground (with apparently no tape/markings - wasnt mentioned) they aren't going to return it. So that's why I post that it is gone. You are lucky you got it back - and nice of Jon to return it - but technically you lost your shit...

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,734
Chris treggE wrote:

Is there another example of a sport/activity in which if you accidentally leave a modestly expensive item at the place where you practice your craft, that other participants would just keep whatever you left, and it was accepted as standard practice?  I'm having a hard time coming up with one.  Honest question.  

I picked up a couple nice basketballs back in the day that were left at a public court.  I would have gladly returned them, but alas, no Basketball Project forum from which to facilitate such a return.

Eric Fjellanger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 845
Matt Pierce wrote:

Haha - how easily you all attack me - if you actually stop and read my posts they make sense - 99 times out of 100 a person walking along Cat Wall that spot a nearly new #5 sitting on the ground (with apparently no tape/markings - wasnt mentioned) they aren't going to return it. So that's why I post that it is gone. You are lucky you got it back - and nice of Jon to return it - but technically you lost your shit...

Very few of the climbers I've met in real life have been dicks.

Dr Strangelove · · Bend, OR · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 30

Gear accidentally left at the base of a climb is not booty. 

Wesley K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 15

I often worry about what our community is becoming.  There are a whole bunch of assholes on this site (you know who you are).  There is an obvious difference between booty and lost gear.  If you can't figure that out, maybe you should take up golf or some shit.

Chris Bersbach · · Arroyo Grande, CA · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 233
Wesley K wrote:

There are a whole bunch of assholes on this site (you know who you are).

I think you might be mistaken about the second half of this statement.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "lost camalot #5 at Indian Creek"

Log In to Reply