Mountain Project Logo

Welcome to the new guy

Original Post
Edwin Henderson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

bye

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

What was your innocent question about?

Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 330

If you are a troll I'm not going through the effort of doing a long response,so here's a link that will explain

https://www.gearx.com/blog/knowledge/climbing/how-to-choose-a-climbing-rope/

Matt Stroebel · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 115

It sure would be nice if google existed and several hundred articles had been written on this subject. 

Edwin Henderson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Matt lots of the same old info over and over on google. It would just be great to get some firsthand advice. Obviously doesn’t exist here...

Matt Stroebel · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 115

What advice do you want? Asking what the different rope types are isn’t asking for advice, that’s asking someone to do the basic research for you. That’s incredibly lazy. If you want advice on what system might be best suited for your local crag or a trip you want to take, by all means ask away and people will take you seriously. 

Danger-Russ Gordon · · Orem UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 590

I once asked what the phone number was to a place called Rock and Resole and I have not heard the end of it for the better part of a decade, so I know what it feels like to catch some flack, and ask a question your not proud of.  That being said if you're still around, there are plenty of great folks willing to help you out (myself included) if you ask a specifc question. Feel free to PM me if you think I can help, but hope to see you around.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Welcome to the new guy"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion