Mountain Project Logo

Calanques December 2nd and 3rd

Original Post
Kevin Kress · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I am currently at a language school in Aix-en-Provence before I start work at Val Thorens this winter. Looking to go and climb calanque de cassis this weekend. I have a sport rack and a 60 meter rope, and usually climb 5.9 trad/5.10sport in Colorado. 

If nobody is around,I'll probably just go ask around shops in town!

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 12,184

Send a message to my MP account with your email + phone if you might want to try meeting around Aix in the next couple of weeks.

Key question: Do you have a car?

Sharon and I had been planning to drive down to the Calanques area next weekend
. . (tho hopefully you're not confining yourself to the Calanques, given all the
. . . other great Sport-equipped rock within an hour-and-half drive from Aix).

But looking at the weather forecast for the next few days, starting to guess that we're going to stay up north and start skiing for a few days, then drive south say like Monday 4 December or Tuesday when the weather gets warmer again down by the Sea.

Sounds like we like to climb similar grades. We've climbed lots of different places (including the Calanques) around Aix on visits over the past ten years.

We have car, ropes, all guidebooks for anything within two hours driving from Aix, possibly a light trad rack.

Perhaps if you're not available to get outdoors on mid-week days, we could meet in the evening at one of the two indoor climbing gyms not far from Aix.

Ken

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 12,184

Looks like not so much snow the next few days up north, so likely we'll be around Aix for some climbing already this weekend (wait until 8-9 Dec weekend to try some skiing).

Got your message, Kevin -- so we're on track to connect.

In case other people from MP might be around, we'll also do some long easy seaside scrambles (3rd 4th low5th class) and some road-biking.

Ken

Andy Gorrill · · Joshua Tree, CA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Don't know if anyone will be available, but I'll be looking to climb Calanques around Dec 22, 23, 24. 

760 413 8152

-andy

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Calanques December 2nd and 3rd"
in the International