We're hiring an experienced designer to join us in Boulder, CO.
Mountain Project Logo

More Public Shaming at the New River Gorge!

Original Post
Pnelson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 345

Ok, ok, not really public shaming, since I don't know who the morons were who parked like this.  This is at the Beauty Mountain parking at the New River Gorge on a beautiful sunny and 60 degree day on a holiday weekend.  These two cars cut off parking for at least five vehicles.  If this is you, you suck, and are probably so clueless that you don't even know that you are, in fact, clueless.  Here's to hoping your day was full of broken holds, rolled ankles, and the most expensive bail gear imaginable.  Please don't come back to the NRG until each idiot in your party has made a three-figure donation to NRAC.

But wait– that's not all!  In the "some stereotypes exist for a reason" department, a friend found this litter at the base of a popular route at Bridge Buttress!  Again, the Dunning-Kruger effect strikes; if you're the type of person to bring a hammock to the crag, you probably don't know much about LNT in the first place.

Gawd, I hate people.

snowman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 735

+1 for calling out deviant behavior. 

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

Just key their car already!

Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 330

I agree with the first part, but common.... Just because you like to lounge when you're waiting your turn in a group having fun chilling in a hammock, doesn't mean you don't clean up after yourself...

Matt M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 13

During busy days at Meadow River, I see this all the time on 19. Parallel parkers surrounded by polite perpendicular or even angled parkers.

Ryan McDermott · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 85

Hey, that's my properly parked minivan!

Lena chita · · Cleveland, OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 745

Your picture of the hammock wrapper didn't come through. :)

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 11,829

Lame. I hope you left notes on the vehicles suggesting the park more considerately next time. That's my standard operating procedure for stuff like this. 

Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 330

Could always block them in as well and be real nice lol

Serge Smirnov · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 235

I'd blame the white car much less than the olive one.

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,490

I heard some asshole parked his little chuffmobile all the way up the hill by the gate!

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,490
Pnelson wrote:

But wait– that's not all!  In the "some stereotypes exist for a reason" department, a friend found this litter at the base of a popular route at Bridge Buttress!  Again, the Dunning-Kruger effect strikes; if you're the type of person to bring a hammock to the crag, you probably don't know much about LNT in the first place.

Gawd, I hate people.

Saturday at Whippoorwill I picked up, wait for it, an ENO hammock cinch sack and a brand new mesh bag that a harness comes in!  To be fair it is Whippoorwill, but where the hell would one set up a hammock?

ViperScale . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

What you do is get some other people and park around their car so they can't leave. Than after it gets dark you take someone else's car to get food at night when it gets dark and return for the rest of the cars when you are done.

Where I work we have someone that likes to park halfway between 2 parking spacing (normal parking loot with lines) so I am assuming he just doesn't want others close to him so I always park as close to him as possible.

James Donigan · · Brooklyn · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 10

i thought your hammock instructions were to demonstrate that more room is taken up lengthwise than widthwise and to carry that knowledge over to parking!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "More Public Shaming at the New River Gorge!"
in the Southern States