Mountain Project Logo

Joshua Tree Outskirts Graffiti “Tony NJ” Scum of the Earth

Original Post
El Duderino · · SoCal · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 1,360

Found this on top of a rock formation. Was climbing short fun new cracks, spending some quiet time alone until meeting up with a friend later today. Anyone can scramble to the top multiple ways... 5.0.

Dear Tony NJ. Or whoever painted “Tony NJ”

(This is on the Outskirts of Joshua Tree)

You are the scum of the Earth for doing this.

Graffiti can be a cool art form, on a canvas or the side wall of a cafe with the owners approval, that sort of thing...

But this? On beautiful monzogranite that was born over 100 million years ago? Go tag a billboard or a road sign at least, or my car... anything but this.

You, your name, Tony NJ, you special self centered snowflake that has complete disregard for nature or anything sacred...

Seperate Topic:  what is the best way to remove this paint? It appears to be typical “flat white paint”

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 350

David, consider checking before you remove it? I dunno if you should talk to land managers or not, you'd know better on that.

Here, some graffiti on BLM land was up quite awhile, but, they were vigorously looking to prosecute the perps and had hefty rewards out.

The "prom date proposal" was stupid enough to be quickly sorted. The more obnoxious huge tag I believe they are still after.

Some wildland fires have recently been billed to the individuals who were stupid enough to think fireworks were a good idea in grassland.

Best, OLH

Google elephant snot + mountain project

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 310
mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Maybe its a guy named Tony from New Jersey? That really narrows it down...

Chris Reyes · · Montclair, NJ · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 40
mediocre wrote:

Maybe its a guy named Tony from New Jersey? That really narrows it down...

Which, from my experience, is basically half the state.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Kurt G. · · Reading, PA · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 150

If he's from New Jersey it would make sense, everything gets tagged on the east coast. all our local crags are covered in graffiti, consider yourself lucky this is all you have right now

Thanks to OLH, Guy, Mediocre, chirs R, Frank ps, Kurt, and Hannah.

Frank, that’s a great link, thank you. I’ll get the graffiti removed properly next month or January.

I lived in NJ for 3 months in boot camp, so I wouldn’t be surprised if ol’ Tony and his cronies thought this shit was wicked awesome. 

I’ll do my part cleaning. So many things in life don’t phase me in the least. But this sort of thing stirs quite the incensed fire inside of me.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
David Vogel wrote:

Thanks to OLH, Guy, Mediocre, chirs R, Frank ps, Kurt, and Hannah.

Frank, that’s a great link, thank you. I’ll get the graffiti removed properly next month or January.

I lived in NJ for 3 months in boot camp, so I wouldn’t be surprised if ol’ Tony and his cronies thought this shit was wicked awesome. 

I’ll do my part cleaning. So many things in life don’t phase me in the least. But this sort of thing stirs quite the incensed fire inside of me.

Thanks for taking the initiative to clean it up. Not many people would bother.  This happened recently at our local crag/hiking area and was promptly cleaned (not by me). Kind of artistic, but wrong, nonetheless. Painted like a watermelon:

Wow. Yes artistic but wrong. Thanks for all your input Frank. Thanks again for the awesome clean up link

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Joshua Tree Outskirts Graffiti “Tony NJ” Scum o…"
in the General Climbing