Mountain Project Logo

T-Wall TR?

Original Post
photocodo mcclung · · Hendersonville, NC · Joined May 2012 · Points: 115

I am going to be moving from the Asheville area to Cleveland TN for a few months for work. I haven't climbed in about 2 years so Im super out of shape but I was wondering if there were any spots at T Wall where I could set up a TR and just run solo TR laps to burn out and get some strength back. Never climbed much in TN other than the Obed so Im not very familiar with T-wall and how its set up. Thanks for any help.

Cody

Jeff Mekolites · · ATL GA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 4,607

The vast majority of routes will require you to lead something to set up a TR.  Actually, I can't think of a single T Wall route that can easily be accessed to the top without leading it.  

beatfeet · · Nashville, TN · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 5

Sunset is a better option than Twall for setting up a TR

Nathan Steele · · Duluth, Georgia · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

If you will be living in Cleveland then check out Starr Mountain as well. Very close to you and easy toprope access. 

Ben Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I live in Cleveland but have only been bouldering for a year. I do know Starr Mtn trailhead and route access well if you are game. Just getting back into climbing shape as well and getting interested into TR and eventually sport, so I'd just be down to take notes on TR rigging and anchoring.

paul.adams.3 · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 45

I'll second Starr. Beautiful spot, a trail to the top of the cliff, and close to Cleveland

Gage Holbert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I’ll third Starr. Not crowded, easy to set up TR, and close to Cleveland. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "T-Wall TR?"