Mountain Project Logo

Looking for climbing partner for holiday December 27 - 29

Original Post
Karen Cep · · Calgary, Alberta, Canada · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I am from Alberta, Canada and will be in LA over the Christmas holiday.  I have rented a car from December 27 - 29 and would like to get out and climb + camp while I am there!  I have done lots of multi pitch trad routes in Canada, sport, cragging, etc and am open for whatever.  I can comfortably lead up to 5.7 on trad and 5.9 sport but can follow up to 5.10b.  I have some gear, would prefer to bring as little as possible with me for airfare cost but can be flexible.  

Let me know if you are interested in being a rope gun/tour guide/fun expert for a low grade climbing chick who wants to get a feel for some American rock and all that climbing south of the border has to offer.

Fernando Cal · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5

PM sent

Peter T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 10

I'll be in Joshua Tree from Dec 26-31, don't have a partner yet so let me know if you want to meet up! 

Brian Banta · · Pacifica, CA · Joined May 2012 · Points: 40

Hey Y'all,

I will also be in J-Tree some part of the Christmas week 12/25-12/29ish and will be looking for partners!  Looking to climb easy and fun 5.6-5.8 Trad lines.  

-Brian

Jsanders195 Sanders · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Me also! Brian I'm looking to lead same grades. I'll know exact dates after 12/18 but will have at least one day!! 770.354.0537

Jesse Via · · Oxford, Ohio · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

I'll be in J-Tree from Dec 22 or 23 through Jan 7. Also looking for partners. I lead up to about 9+ trad or follow 10. Looking to climb just about anything. Send me a pm if interested

Lindsey F · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Just PM'd you!

Peter T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 10

Anyone still looking for a partner for 12/27? I lead up to 10+ trad but psyched to climb anything! 

tshapiro1182 · · Carpinteria, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

My girlfriend and I are planning to camp/climb/hike from the 27th to the 2nd. Were originally planning to do red rock but are now thinking something closer to LA - most likely San Bernardino (can’t do Jtree as my dog will be with us) but we’re open to other ideas too. 

I have heaps of gear and am happy to lead up to 5.9 trad or 5.10s sport or you can use my gear if you want to do something harder

More the merrier - let me know if anyone on this thread wants to join 

kevin trieu · · San Juan Capistrano, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 10
tshapiro1182 wrote:

(can’t do Jtree as my dog will be with us) 

There are plenty of people with dogs out in Joshua Tree.  It isn't an issue.  

kevin trieu · · San Juan Capistrano, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 10

Karen, my girlfriend & I and our 5-year old boy will be out there from 28th-29th.  We are Joshua Tree regulars.  I have two ropes, tons of gear and know many routes.  Can also bring you a tent.  We also have a decent kitchen setup to cook group dinner.  You can definitely come down with just harness and shoes if you want and join us.  All others posted here are welcome to join.  Lead up to 10a.  Looking to set up TR from 5.7- 5.11.  626-841-8254.  - Kevin 

tshapiro1182 · · Carpinteria, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

Planning to get there in a few hours - anyone still looking for partners? We’ll probably head straight for hidden valley and see what we can find for camping 

78one 392 50one2

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Note that the OP hasn't logged onto MP for over a month.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for climbing partner for holiday Decemb…"
in the Southern California Partners