Mountain Project Logo

Anyone on maui?

Original Post
Barak Laub · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 30

Basically that’s it, I’m here a few months every year, and end up DWS blackrock by myself. It would be cool to have people to climb with, use awesome lingo and make fun of the non climbers who just snorkel around and jump off the cliff after going up the easy way.

text me 808 446 4000

look me up on cs or fb Barak Laub

send an owl or a raven, they know me.

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346
Vrushali Joshi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Yup. I think the above one is useful.

Barak Laub · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 30

Thanks guys, unfortunately it's not that good, it doesn't allow you to post to the page, and i've messaged the owner before but i haven't gotten an anwer from him.

There are a fair number of climbers on Maui. Unfortunately, neither the climbers nor the climbing has much of an online presence though. It's more of a you have to be a local and in the know type situation.

ANGUS WIESSNER · · Denver Colorad · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,150
20 kN wrote:

There are a fair number of climbers on Maui. Unfortunately, neither the climbers nor the climbing has much of an online presence though. It's more of a you have to be a local and in the know type situation.

Is there rope / bolted sport climbing in Maui? heard there maybe was but vary unclear.

Really want to come out to Maui for the Canyoning/Canyoneering don’t know if anyone on here has any info on the Hana rd canyon but love to dive into some if anybody is interested scouted a couple last time I was in Maui and they look to good to be true. Seems like the one thing Hawaii is missing is climbing in the 11+ 5.12 range besides on Oahu witch seems vary limited.

ANGUS WIESSNER · · Denver Colorad · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,150

Also if anyone has a room in a house in Maui I could rent for a little in either January feb or March let me know please.

ANGUS WIESSNER wrote:

Is there rope / bolted sport climbing in Maui? heard there maybe was but vary unclear.

Really want to come out to Maui for the Canyoning/Canyoneering don’t know if anyone on here has any info on the Hana rd canyon but love to dive into some if anybody is interested scouted a couple last time I was in Maui and they look to good to be true. Seems like the one thing Hawaii is missing is climbing in the 11+ 5.12 range besides on Oahu witch seems vary limited.

Yes there is sport. They have lines up to .14- I think. There is even a 7-pitch sport climb there. Oahu probably has round 50 sport climbs in the .11 - .12 range. Some climbers come Oahu thinking they are going to onsight all of them but find they are harder than they thought and end up taking awhile before sending them. The climbing on Oahu is not very straightforward and involves a lot of technique. Gym strength wont do too much for many of the routes. Here are some photos of the sport climbing in Maui: http://www.boulderinghawaii.com/blog/2016/7/23/maui

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Anyone on maui?"
in the Hawaii