Mountain Project Logo

Beta for Storm King

Original Post
Joe Lindberg · · an asshole · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 65

Does anybody have any beta for routes 5.6 or less on storm king peak?

mark felber · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 28

Do you mean Storm Peak, .8 miles NW of Longs Peak? It's Class 2 from the Keyhole. I walked up it on a more direct line from the Boulder Field years ago, that was Class 2 as well. I don't know of any technical routes on it.

mark felber wrote:

Do you mean Storm Peak, .8 miles NW of Longs Peak? It's Class 2 from the Keyhole. I walked up it on a more direct line from the Boulder Field years ago, that was Class 2 as well. I don't know of any technical routes on it.

No, storm king in the grenadier range.

sean o · · Northern, NM · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 20

It's class 3 from the south.

Fritz Nuffer · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 115

The approach from Vallecito is a flat and easy thirteen miles and requires no 4WD shenanigans. 

North Face was pretty fair 5.7 for the most part but we took a really fun vertical headwall variation that I'd give a 5.10.

We walked off the Class 3 and it was casual. Trip report: http://aperfectweakness.com/2017/08/21/storm-king-north-face-direct/ .

Fritz N. wrote:

The approach from Vallecito is a flat and easy thirteen miles and requires no 4WD shenanigans. 

North Face was pretty fair 5.7 for the most part but we took a really fun vertical headwall variation that I'd give a 5.10.

We walked off the Class 3 and it was casual. Trip report: http://aperfectweakness.com/2017/08/21/storm-king-north-face-direct/ .

Thanks!  As someone who has struggled with severe OCD and anxiety, I think what you are doing is great!

Fritz Nuffer · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 115

Joe Lindberg wrote:

Thanks!  As someone who has struggled with severe OCD and anxiety, I think what you are doing is great!

Thanks, man! We just recorded the first episode of the APW podcast. I'll put out a casting call on MP pretty soon here for anyone else who is interested in being interviewed to share how climbing helps them sustain mental wellness.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Beta for Storm King"
in the Colorado