Mountain Project Logo

New to the area

Original Post
Jake Tillinghast · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

I just moved to Fayetteville, NC. Is there any place to do some outdoor climbing nearby? 

Jim Urbec · · sevierville, TN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 46

around the Ft Bragg area not so much, but you are only a couple hours away from Western NC where the sky is the limit.  triangle Rock Gyms are pretty good.  One in Cary is probably best of the 3.  The Climbing place is really not worth going to anymore.  it was cool when it opened in the late 90's  sadly it hasn't improved

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

Closest outdoor spots are around Winston - pilot, Moore’s and Sauratown (starting 12/1). If you are a Carolina climbers Coalition member, the Asheboro boulders are probably the closest real rock to Fayetteville 

Jordan Angus Gay · · North Carolina · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 67

Let me know if you want to go to Asheboro. I'm hoping to get out there a lot this winter.

Calf-lete Osborne · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 7

I think you got the wrong Fayetteville 

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

There’s a trail day this Friday (11/24) starting at 10 at the Asheboro boulders. Good chance to get oriented to the area.  

John Bosco · · Raleigh, NC · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0
Jordan Angus Gay wrote:

Let me know if you want to go to Asheboro. I'm hoping to get out there a lot this winter.

I'm a new CCC member looking to explore the bouldering out there. I've got no clue what's what out there, but photos I've seen and murmurs I've heard have been exciting.  Going to head out there Friday 12/8 from Raleigh, if anyone wants to meet up? DM me or reply here, I'd be happy to climb with anyone out there. Beta welcome, too, if anyone has a hand drawn map or not-to-miss info...

. · · The souf east · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 775

+1 for Moores wall, that place is super cool.  Pilot is mediocre IMO

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "New to the area "