Mountain Project Logo

Drunk bears


Original Post
eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

So, since I don't have much homework to do between classes today, I decided to read some of the "Ask a Bear" articles in backpacker magazine and I had to share this one. The moment I finished reading this sentence, I cracked up uncontrollably:

"...agents found a black bear passed out on the lawn of a resort in Baker Lake, Wash., after drinking 36 cans of Rainier Beer."

This is for the desk-jockies of mountain project. But don't laugh too loud lest they detect you and take away your MP privileges.


P.S. "He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

s.price · · PS,CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,348

My neighbors who have the ranch up the road have a similar story. A bear broke into their garage and raided the fridge out there. Nothing but Budweiser and Miller lite in it. He is the bud drinker, her the Miller. Bear drank all of the bud but none of the Miller.

When they got home the bear was not around but he got to tell his wife " See a bear won't even drink that shit". Funny coming from a bud drinker. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black.

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290

eli poss wrote:

So, since I don't have much homework to do between classes today, I decided to read some of the "Ask a Bear" articles in backpacker magazine and I had to share this one. The moment I finished reading this sentence, I cracked up uncontrollably:

"...agents found a black bear passed out on the lawn of a resort in Baker Lake, Wash., after drinking 36 cans of Rainier Beer."

This is for the desk-jockies of mountain project. But don't laugh too loud lest they detect you and take away your MP privileges.


P.S. "He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

This makes me sad for the Hamm's beer advertising people...

Tells ya how old I am, too!

One of our cats liked Guinness enough to be a nuisance. Don't ask me why my hubby was sharing with the cat.

Best, OLH

s.price · · PS,CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,348

Old lady H wrote:

This makes me sad for the Hamm's beer advertising people...

Tells ya how old I am, too!

One of our cats liked Guinness enough to be a nuisance. Don't ask me why my hubby was sharing with the cat.

Best, OLH

You can't put any beer where 2Row can get to it. Little lush:)

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

how doez it utilize its sharp talons to hold and open the can-of-beer-myah? and how does it hold it to its own mouth of its own self? I can visualize this animal drinking from the bucket, but not from a 12 ounce can?!?

CTB · · Cave Creek, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 185

climbing friend,



Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

ho ho! 

it gives to me the great delight!


Joe Lindberg · · an asshole · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 65

Aleks Zebastian wrote:

climbing friend,

ho ho! 

it gives to me the great delight!


The way you write cracks me up everytime.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Drunk bears"
in the General Climbing

Log In to Reply