Mountain Project Logo

Sold! 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Doublecab 121,461 miles - $16900 (Carmel, IN)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Benjamin Larson · · Indianapolis, Indiana · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Price drop!  For sale 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 121,461 miles $16,900 Carmel, IN

Second owner non smoker purchased in 2009, this Tacoma has always been stored in a garage and has recently been outfitted with new wheels, headlamps, and floor mats. Recently professionally detailed with full paint correction and buffing, truck shows some signs of its age with small scratches and touch up but the Black Sand Pearl paint still shows its original luster and sparkle, no rust. Interior has been detailed and steam cleaned. No tears or rips to interior seats, fabric, or headliner.

Clean title, Carfax report included.

No mechanical issues, truck cold starts and runs perfectly. AC and heat work. All lights work. 4WD system works. Transmission shifts smoothly. Power locks, mirrors, and windows work. Oil changed 10/3/17 121,436 miles. Battery installed 6/22/16 84 month Toyota True Start.

ARE X-series camper shell (4/10/14) matches paint and is outfitted with sliding side windows with pet screens, electronic lock that works with the truck's key fob, interior carpet liner, interior led rope and dome lighting, and flip down rear sliding window which makes cleaning easy. Shell is also outfitted with Yakima rack system for your next outdoor adventure.

Built for backcountry, the job site, or around town cruising, this truck has the 4.0 liter V6 muscle and tow package rated for 6,500 pounds, transmission and oil cooler included. 4wd electronic controls shift seamlessly when you need it in the snow or the mud. Limited slip differential and four low assists off road performance or snow performance.

Kenwood KDC-MP538U head unit installed, includes USB iphone/ipod support and CD player.

236 HP 4.0L V6 24V engine
5 Speed automatic transmission
4WDemand 4x4 System with electronically controlled 2 speed transfer case
Sport Suspension with Bilstein shocks
Limited slip differential
17" alloy wheels
265/65 R17 Michelin LTX M/S tires, 19,545 miles on them.
Remote keyless entry, also works with ARE camper shell
Cruise control
Multifunction overhead console with compass and temperature gauge
Sliding rear window
Sport seats with lumbar support and sport fabric trim
Leather steering wheel and shifter
TRD Sport graphics
V6 Towing package 6,500 towing capacity class 4 hitch, transmission and oil coolers, 130 amp alternator, heavy duty battery, 7 pin connector w/ converter
Newly replaced OEM reconditioned alloy wheels
New aftermarket headlamps
New oem floor mats
ARE Camper Shell with Remote locks
Yakima rack system
Bedrug snap-in carpet/pad
Bedrug Tailgate carpet
Detailed service records
TRD Sport package including Upgraded shocks/suspension, tubular steps, hood scoop, sport seats, limited slip differential
115 volt 400 watt auxiliary bed Outlet
Fog lamps
Composite bed
Tilt steering

Spare tire & tire change kit/jack included
Spare key fob and keys included
Owners manual included

Meticulously maintained excellent condition

PM me if interested thanks!

Cash or Paypal only. Local pick up or buyer to arrange shipping.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/6386687329.html

Link to more photos:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RmPHXNQnb95CyGDYtxIloPDritOFHWpf?usp=sharing

Bump, new pics & info added.

Carl Smith · · BeaUTAHfull · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 73

How'd ya attach the led strip to the bed liner? TIA

Sandbagger Vance · · Cincinnati, Ohio · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
bruno-cx wrote:

About 4k over book buddy.  

https://www.kbb.com/toyota/tacoma-double-cab/2006/pickup-4d-5-ft/?vehicleid=1665&intent=buy-used&options=64247%7ctrue%7c64420%7ctrue%7c64397%7ctrue%7c64459%7ctrue&mileage=130441&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

A New TRD sport is can be had for about 35k depending on the dealer.

KBB was invented to justify dealers knocking fair market value, and insurance companies paying less than market diminished value of vehicles after an accident. 

That being said, I wouldn't pay more than 15k for a vehicle with more than 100k in miles. Unless it had a new transmission or something, but thats just one layman's opinion. I hear Tacoma's are pretty popular.

Kemper Brightman · · Tucson · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 1,913

A fun game to play on craigslist: find the most over priced tacoma. 

Today's find: 2002 been in a "minor" roll-over accident (never repaired), with 280k miles on it - $6,500.

Carl Smith wrote:

How'd ya attach the led strip to the bed liner? TIA

The company that installed the camper shell put it in, it was part of the package.

bruno-cx wrote:

About 4k over book buddy.  

https://www.kbb.com/toyota/tacoma-double-cab/2006/pickup-4d-5-ft/?vehicleid=1665&intent=buy-used&options=64247%7ctrue%7c64420%7ctrue%7c64397%7ctrue%7c64459%7ctrue&mileage=130441&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

A New TRD sport is can be had for about 35k depending on the dealer.

Yeah, KBB doesn’t seem to be the determining factor when it comes to Tacos.  Demand is high, hopefully someone will be interested at this price, not too many in this price range that are nice.  I only put it up here because I’ve used it on a lot of climbing road trips and figured another climber may be interested, it’s been an awesome vehicle for that!

bruno-cx wrote:

The myth of the ever lasting Taco. 

White guys in puffy jackets buy into it all of the time. No mater what the condition the vehicle is in.

This is my third one, and my third puffy jacket!

JSchloem · · Homer, AK · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 265
Sandbagger Vance wrote:

KBB was invented to justify dealers knocking fair market value, and insurance companies paying less than market diminished value of vehicles after an accident. 

That being said, I wouldn't pay more than 15k for a vehicle with more than 100k in miles. Unless it had a new transmission or something, but thats just one layman's opinion. I hear Tacoma's are pretty popular.

can you provide a citation for that first statement?

JSchloem wrote:

can you provide a citation for that first statement?

No, thats why I said it was a layman's opinion. I'll get you one if you pay me though.

Just from working with KBB lately though it seems like it doesn't account for vehicle options or maintenance very well, and people use it as the end all be all. For example for cars with more than 50k miles, i'd take a well optioned, meticulously maintained vehicle with 30-40k more miles on it over a vehicle that was parked outside and abused. Both cars might have the same value on KBB. IMO you should just have a mechanic look it over, if the price is comparable to ebay and you want it, buy it. 

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,750
Sandbagger Vance wrote:

No, thats why I said it was a layman's opinion. I'll get you one if you pay me though.

Just from working with KBB lately though it seems like it doesn't account for vehicle options or maintenance very well, and people use it as the end all be all. For example for cars with more than 50k miles, i'd take a well optioned, meticulously maintained vehicle with 30-40k more miles on it over a vehicle that was parked outside and abused. Both cars might have the same value on KBB. IMO you should just have a mechanic look it over, if the price is comparable to ebay and you want it, buy it. 

Last time I looked KBB absolutely deducts for high mileage.

Gunkiemike wrote:

Last time I looked KBB absolutely deducts for high mileage.

I'm saying in that case I would prefer the higher mileage car over the one with lower miles if it had upgraded components, especially if both cars have over 100k miles on them. Even more so with diesel.

But if you totaled both cars, the truck with the lower mileage would get you a better payoff because thats what KBB says. What is boils down to is you have to trust your mechanic on the value of aftermarket work.

Bump:  Price reduced to $17,900!

Bump:  Price drop to $16,900!

Bump :)  Still for sale, deal fell through.

Sold!  Thanks for looking!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Sold! 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Doublec…"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY