Mountain Project Logo

Updated: Pre-C4 Camalot #4, Mastercams 3 and 5, Novarro Shell

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 35

I recently bought another climber's rack in order to snag a couple of hard-to find items. I'm piecing the rest out, and including some additional gear that I haven't been using.

All prices are negotiable, but I'd rather rack it than give it away. If you see something cheaper elsewhere, go ahead and post the link in this thread. Hell, maybe I'll buy it.

Shipping is $8 regardless of what you buy, so do the math. If you want to pick up locally, I'm in Santa Fe and occasionally go down to Stone Age in ABQ.

I do PayPal. Feel free to tack on an extra 3% if you want the Goods and Services protection. 

Here's what I have as of 11/15:

Please scroll to the bottom for close-up images.

Each of the cams is racked  with a Nano biner.

The action is smooth on all cams, and there's no damage to trigger wires. Very minimal wear to lobes. Slings on the Mastercams are dated 2009. The sling on the #4 is an original. I see no wear on any, and would merrily whip on each (given a clean fall), but they're cheap to replace.

Prices are as follows:

Old-School Camalot #4 (slightly larger than the new 4) barely used: $60   Will do my very best to expedite shipping if you're about to leave for The Creek.

Mastercams (3, 5 still available): $40 each. 

Set of BD nuts #4-13. Only three of them appear to have been placed. No kinks, and they come with a shiny oval biner! SOLD

Alpine Draws (6) $10 each or all 6 for $50. SOLD These are on nylon slings that gleam, show no wear, and date 2012 and 2011. Fun tip: Wanna really piss my buddy Kevin off? Call 'em "Trad Draws".

Novarro Biking Shell, Women's Large. Like-new, acquired at REI Garage Sale (hence the "X" inside collar) $30. c'mon!

5.10 Stonelands 42.5 (US men's 9.5) worn on about 5 pitches outside and just too tight for me: COMANDEERED BY THE REVOLUTION 

Slings to the right: Make Me an Offer. I'm easy. Gray and blue remain. SOLD

Top row of biners: GONE

Perfectly functional old Metoluis Curve Nut #6: $4 or free if you buy something and ask nicely. SOLD

C4s SOLD

Gold Link Cam: SOLD

Older Metolius Cams (00, 0, 2, 3, 4) SOLD

Set of BD Hexcentrics #1-11 SOLD

Nanos:SOLD

Photons: SOLD

Neutrinos: SOLD

The #4 is on the right. Note that it's a bit too fresh to confer street-cred.

Mastercam lobes

Absolutely nuts.

LET'S ROCK!

Daniel Shanks · · Philadelphia, Pennsylvania · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Pm on link

Sales pending on all 6 of the old Metolius cams, as well as the Link Cam and a few Neutrinos.

Chris Ritna · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

pm'd on the number 3

EDIT: And some slings

The 6 old Metolius cams have sold, along with the 1 and 2 Mastercams, Link Cam, and several biners.

Will update post this evening. 

Timothy Foster · · Bellingham, Washington · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Those 5.10's are overpriced, I bought a pair brand new a couple months ago for $50. http://www.fiveten.com/us/closeouts/climbing/stonelands-vcs-red-rock, out of stock now, but still shows the price they were being sold for. 

Timothy Foster wrote:

Those 5.10's are overpriced, I bought a pair brand new a couple months ago for $50. http://www.fiveten.com/us/closeouts/climbing/stonelands-vcs-red-rock, out of stock now, but still shows the price they were being sold for. 

Thanks for the bump, Timothy. Please let us know if one can actually purchase them for $50, or if you'd like to sell your pair. Also, if you have any gold you'd like to sell at 2005 prices, I'm interested. 

Caleb Mallory · · Seattle, N.Carolina, &Hong… · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 425

PM'd for the #1

Peter Murphy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Still have the gold #2 available? Shoot me a PM or email, I'll take it 

Peter Foster wrote:

such an unnecessary overflow of sassy comebacks you have to imagine this dude is about a head shorter than everyone else and suffering from severe small man syndrome

You're 100% correct about both of us, Peter. I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am.

Peter Foster wrote:

No, I have to imagine you will enjoy it more when you sell shoes for $80 used that you bought for $50 new

Was that a sassy comeback, Peter?

Peter Foster wrote:

Oh, I hope it didn't come off as sassy, I was only trying to point out that it's a dick move.

You are a white knight, and I hope you find other dragons to slay. I bought those shoes for more than $50 from a nice woman on MP, and I'm not the slightest bit upset about it. Prices fluctuate, my friend.

Peter Foster wrote:

More than $80? Hahaha

I'm not understanding what you're getting at, Peter. Is there some code on this forum that requires the seller to take a loss? If $80 is a rip-off, then please don't buy the shoes. If nobody buys them, I'll either lower the price or give them to a friend. If you'd like to share a link to that size and model for a better price, then be my guest.

Out of curiosity, I did a search and found them in a few smaller sizes on Steep and Cheap for $76.97. I'll gladly let them go for that.

Fritz N. · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 115

Hey Logan, what cams are still available?

Timothy Foster · · Bellingham, Washington · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Climbing shoes, unlike rare metals, don't appreciate in value. And there's no code, but there is a principal: people who want to be a part of a community shouldn't screw each other over.

Fritz N. wrote:

Hey Logan, what cams are still available?

All Camalots remain, as do the two larger Mastercams. I'm giving a felow a bit more time to put in an offer on the former, but I get the impression he's moved on.

Timothy Foster wrote:

Climbing shoes, unlike rare metals, don't appreciate in value. And there's no code, but there is a principal: people who want to be a part of a community shouldn't screw each other over.

Your first point is well-put.

However, given that I'm encouraging everyone to post links to better prices, if anyone gets screwed here, it will be an autoerotic experience. 

Timothy Foster wrote:

... people who want to be a part of a community shouldn't screw each other over.

Logan Peterson wrote:

Your first point is well-put.

However, given that I'm encouraging everyone to post links to better prices, if any one gets screwed here, it will be an autoerotic experience. 

Zing!

Update on pricing. Since my grossly-overpriced Stonelands have brought so much meaning into two precious lives, I've decided to forego a sale and raise the price to $2,500.

Sincerely,

----An evil capitalist who looks just like your dad.

Christian Hesch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

PM incoming on those shoes, just to F*** with the two white knights... Also, I would like to hire them as they're both clearly all-knowing as to what the OP paid for things, so perhaps they could help tell my future, hopefully I can make some good/insider stock trades and thus afford some ice gear.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply