Mountain Project Logo

Updated: Pre-C4 Camalot #4, Mastercams 3 and 5, Novarro Shell

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196
Christian Hesch wrote:

PM incoming on those shoes, just to F*** with the two white knights... Also, I would like to hire them as they're both clearly all-knowing as to what the OP paid for things, so perhaps they could help tell my future, hopefully I can make some good/insider stock trades and thus afford some ice gear.

Sadly, they will not accept payment for their services, as to do so would be antithetical to their ideals. If only I could be half as pure...

The #1 and #3 C4s have sold. The #2, the slings, and the hexes are getting nibbled on (figuratively).

Thanks everyone for your interest!

Feel free to query about the rest of the gear.

Gear Updated. Prices adjusted. Bunch of stuff is going in the mail.

Also, I'm now l three heads shorter than my climbing partners, and give the softest catch you can imagine.

Peter J · · Bishop · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 646

Peter!

You totally came through! 

I'm surprised to see them going so cheap, especially in such popular sizes. If only they had them in 10--as I'm one large-footed dwarf.

Thanks for doing the research and hopefully helping a number of us get better deals on shoes. That's really all I was after...well, that and a decent writing prompt.

Folks, in Peter's honor, I will ship those bad boys for $50 to the lower 48, but you have to treat the Brothers Foster to a meal of borscht and kvass.

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,065
Mark LaPierre · · spencer, MA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 70

Know what, if you don't like the gear or his price close the post and look at a different one.

Yeah, 5.10 has just had a lot of their shoes for stupid cheap online for the last 6 months or so. That's what we were getting at... I thought it was somewhat public knowledge because it has been a steal for months.

I've got nothing against you personally, I just got pretty pissed off because I felt like your comeback on my brother was unnecessarily sarcastic and not fully grounded in reality due to the cost of a lot of 5.10 shoes online these days. It was my bad to succumb to mocking you as well. My apologies.

Peter Foster wrote:

Yeah, 5.10 has just had a lot of their shoes for stupid cheap online for the last 6 months or so. That's what we were getting at... I thought it was somewhat public knowledge because it has been a steal for months.

I've got nothing against you personally, I just got pretty pissed off because I felt like your comeback on my brother was unnecessarily sarcastic and not fully grounded in reality due to the cost of a lot of 5.10 shoes online these days. It was my bad to succumb to mocking you as well. My apologies.

Peter, no offense taken. I know that your hearts were in the right place. I really enjoyed sparring with you two, and I hope you both had some laughs as well. For my part, I could certainly learn to temper my sarcasm, and to let others have the last word. Thanks for the stimulating conversation, and for helping me to keep this posting at the top of the forum. If I haven't admitted it explicitly enough, I am now convinced that the shoes were overpriced.

Oh, and as for going mocking my diminished stature, don't worry about it. I put myself through college walking around fancy dinner parties in a giant nacho-laden-sombrero. 

Brett Purchase · · Seattle, Washington · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 10

Master cams still available??

No, honestly this whole experience just made me pretty bummed out that there are a lot of assholes on MP... and maybe I was one of them for a day. I had no laughs and I thought the whole experience was a waste of my time. Now I know what to avoid and I will attempt to post only positive things on MP in the future and not get sucked into anything like this again. So I guess it was a learning experience for me. I think you went unreasonably far out of your way to mock us and I did not enjoy it. People can sell their gear for whatever prices and I will do my best to not go out of my way to help people find good prices when I run the risk of (unexpectedly) being mocked for it.

Isaac Bernstein · · Johnson, VT · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 408

Hey Logan, are the nuts and alpine draws still available?

BrettPurchase wrote:

Master cams still available??

As of right now, yes.

Peter, please note that nobody mocked you when you got around to actually helping folks find a good deal. Good on you for that.

Alpine Draws sold.

Cams, shoes, and shell remain.

Shoes were re-united with their bearded Cinderella today at the crag. It was emotional for all of us.

Christian Hesch · · Morro Bay · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 55
caughtinside wrote:

I'm glad I clicked on this thread. Mr. Peterson, I tip my cap to you sir, and your sombrero! 

Truly enjoyable...almost wish I'd have bought that link cam.

I thought it was basic: if you see something listed here, the next step to is to GOOGLE it, then make a decision. 

Umm, isn't that what the "great deals" thread is all about? Yes, caughtinside is exactly right. Heck, the other day I saw a nice pack in our local shop, googled it later but still bought it at the local shop for $15 more than what I would have paid online...but I still googled it. :)

Glenn Schuler · · Monument, Co. · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,330

LOL, funniest For Sale post I've seen in a long time! Strong work Logan, 

BUMP 

Well thank you Christian and Glenn! I couldn't have done it without a couple of muses.

I think next time I do this, I'll give at least one item a ridiculously high price on-purpose, as the yard sale cops end up being great advertising.

A promise: I'm going to drag the #4 out to Capulin Canyon this weekend and scratch the hell out of it...unless I receive the ransom in the next 24 hours.  

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started