Mountain Project Logo

Looking for People to meet and Climb in Krabi, Thailand

Original Post
Jack Fontaine · · Golden, CO · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hello! My friend and I are going to be vacationing in Thailand over Christmas and New Year's. We will be starting in Bangkok and then headed to Singapore and Phuket. We'll be traveling from December 26th to January 10th. Our last stop on our vacation is in Railay and Tonsai. We're hoping to do some climbing for a few days and just overall meet new people and have fun before we go back to the states. I am an experienced climber from Colorado who has been leading sport routes for around 3 years. My partner, however, is new to the sport and is looking to expand her climbing experience. I'll be bringing 13 draws as well as a 70m rope to Thailand. If you're around the area and love to climb, we would love to have you join us and help us get more experience. We're always down to trade belays. 

Tentative dates for our stop in Railay and Tonsai are January 5th or 6th through the 9th.

Hope to hear from you!

Best,

Jackson and Kayla

Jan Bruffaerts · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 56
Sean Hess · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I'm landing in Bangkok on the 4th, and I should be in Tonsai around those dates. I'm traveling alone and considering leaving the rope and draws home. I'd love to meet up. Still planning on those dates? 

Alex Kaps · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey i just got to ao Nang last night and am looking to meet some people to climb with. I have been leading for about 4 years. Will also gladly trade some delays.

Cheers,

Alex

Edit: also left rope and draws at home, because this is only a stop on the trip. I'll be in Thailand till the 20th. Anybody have a suggestion for where to get some shoes?

Sean Hess · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I’ll be there in about a week and a half! 

Genevive Walker · · Rumney · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

I'm arriving in tonsai in a few days and will stay until the end of the month. I'm traveling solo and looking for partners. Unfortunately, I don't have a rope or draws. My old partner left with the gear :(

Alex Kaps · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Genevive, I just pm'ed you i guess it goes to your email which I don't know if you check regularly. I believe you are the girl I met on nok air haha

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for People to meet and Climb in Krabi,…"
in the International