Mountain Project Logo

WTB: lightweight hiking tent 1 person

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
J watermelon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

I'm going to south America for a few months and am trying  to save a little money.  Patagonia , frey, cochamo, etc.......

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Download REI APP. Go shopping in their garage area. Click on camping/hiking and then tents. Several UL one person tents are on sale for 50% off. Once you find what you’re looking for add to cart and enter promo code GEARUP20 for an extra 20% off. You need to be an REI member but the tents are VERY discounted. Hurry because the sale started two days ago. Hope that helps. 

Nice! Thanks for the info

For example 

Still looking

Or this. Not sure if you were looking for used but the way used gear sells on here for inflated prices and REIs return policy it’s a choice. 

Didn't rei discontinue that policy?

Their policy is less liberal than it used to be but I believe it’s satisfaction guaranteed for 1 year from date of purchase. Patagonia can be very very windy so might consider something more sturdy than the UL big Agnes stuff. Something with 4 points of contact. I woke up one night with the tent wall laying flat on my face. Poles and tent was intact just blown down flat. Guy lines would solve the issue I’m sure.  

Niko Viglione · · Denver · Joined May 2015 · Points: 50

Full tent? I have a great lightweight Oware Alphamid floorless pyramid style tent I could let go cheap

txclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 10

I have a https://www.rei.com/product/693140/rei-co-op-roadster-tent

$50 plus shipping.  Full disclosure, I would apply seam sealer to the seams of the fly.  I remember them getting wet last time I used it in a downpour. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "WTB: lightweight hiking tent 1 person "

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.